Original topic:

Face unlock with glasses

(Topic created on: 01-20-2018 07:23 PM)
winnythe
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
I wear glasses half the time and the face unlock fails to recognize me unfortunately. Is it possible to add another profile to face unlock in the next update? Let me know if there is a way around this!
0 Likes
7 Comments
aarondesj
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I have an S8 and use the iris unlock. I can confirm that works with my glasses on. Even with my sunglasses on.
winnythe
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
You are right it should work but my glasses have some special coating that prevents it, + im almost blind lol 🤓
0 Likes
Emperor7
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
why don't you try setting up the face unlock with your glasses on
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I also have very poor eyesight and use iris unlock. It also does not recognize my irises with my glasses on. But if I lift my glasses up, it registers quickly and unlocks. Gotten into the habit of lifting my glasses up when unlocking with my iris that it doesn't bother me anymore.
0 Likes
dragonbait
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I wear glasses and it works fine for me. I do have it set to fast unlock as well.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy Note
Hey @winnythe! Could you please submit your idea about having more than one profile for face recognition as a suggestion to be possibly implemented in a future release? From the New Topic screen, open the “Category” dropdown and select “Suggestion”. Thank you for your feedback!

- Nick
0 Likes
smartkid
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
the best thing would be to either set it up with ur glasses or use another biometric lock.
0 Likes