Original topic:

Files Inaccessible After Update to One UI 3

(Topic created on: 03-05-2021 12:27 PM)
Muz4mmil
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
After android 11 One UI 3 Upgrade. The Android/data folder shows empty both on internal storage and SD card by native and all file viewers rendering to options to access internal folders and data within them inaccessible.
Downloaded files to such folders or SD Card/ aswell occupies space on card but dosen't show up.
Kindly respond and fix this patch.
Muz4mmil
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
oh you want me to move my required data from SDCard/Android/Data folder to SDCard/Documents or SDCard/Downloads.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Ok, I read some articles about your case. This problem seems to be Google restrict the access to Android/data folder.

2 things you can try.

- Try copy 1 or 2 files out from Android/data folder to SD Card/Documents. See if you can see and open those files. If yes, you can move all data out of Android/data folder.

- Another way is install Xplore app. A lot of people said this app still able to access Andoid/data folder. You can try and see if it works for you. If this work, you do not need to move the files.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lonelycatgames.Xplore

Screenshot_20210305-134755_Google Play Store_24789.jpg

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

I'm quite certain that without Root, you can't access the actual data.

With Solid Explorer, you can *see* the folders, but when you click on the file, you'll get "empty".

It'll be the same regardless of what file explorer you use. Android 11 is designed to do exactly this as part of it's "enhanced" security. 

Screenshot_20210305_162743.jpg

Screenshot_20210305_162750.jpg

Galaxy Note
The question is why you need to access Android/data folder? I rarely need to access there.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

It's not something that most people would need to access normally, but having access would allow someone to share apks of downloaded apps for example, which brings up "why do you want to share app apks"? Generally that's something that isn't "above board". 

miaaw
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
can we downgrade to version 10. 11 Bluetooth can't detect previously used headphone and my device in pairing mode. before upgrading to 11 the downgrade option wasn't explained
0 Likes
SLS-Gamer
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Why was this retriction placed

0 Likes
Muz4mmil
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
How can we access this

clipboard_image_1614746862113.jpg

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

You'd need Root access, which is possible, but unlikely unless you know what you're doing. 

mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note

Geez
way to dangle the carrot 🙃👈🤪✌️