Original topic:

GALAXY NOTE 20 MARCH UPDATE

(Topic created on: 03-15-2021 03:34 PM)
Headjack
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Way to go Samsung / Telus!

My Note 20 Ultra 5G now has UI 3.1, Android 11 and the March 2021 Android Security Patch!

Totally up to date. Now if Samsung would just stop asking my if I want to trade in my recent $1,500 phone purchase for an S21 series!

19 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Can you please share the full page? Especially the end of the update page
0 Likes
Headjack
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
This help?

Screenshot_20210315-215154_Software update.jpg

Screenshot_20210315-215208_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Ah ha! N9860! And more precisely, that's a Hong Kong import. Yup, that explains the whole mystery
Galaxy Note
So he bought from Samsung HK directly. Not Samsung Canada directly.

But I remembered you said if insert the SIM into the phone, the update will follow the carriers. Why his phone not follow his carrier schedule in this case? Because is Asia phone? The phone follow which update schedule?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
You're a bit mistaken. Updates in Canada and most of the world (only exception being some US carriers) are released by Samsung. Inserting a SIM will get you a carrier's CSC, provided the corresponding CSC is in the firmware. Updates can be released by CSC, but never released by the carrier.

In his case, there's no TLS in his Multi-CSC pack (OZS) so the firmware stayed on the original CSC. He thus gets his updates whenever they are released in Hong Kong.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Thanks for explanation.
I understand the first part. Now I know CSC also look at device region as well.
0 Likes
Oldman
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Same for me, update this morning on my Note
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Is normal for you. Update begins on 16th. But Headjack phone begin on 15th. 1 day earlier than Canadian phones.
0 Likes
Headjack
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Sure, there isn't anything more though

Screenshot_20210316-100849_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
Headjack
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
maybe they were testing a launch lol, my phone just happened to get it? and no it is not normal for me to get them earlier
0 Likes