Original topic:

Galaxy Note 9 Green Screen bug how to fix it

(Topic created on: 12-10-2021 08:31 AM)
jeffo88
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
After an update i got sometime in march of 2020 my note 9 screen started flickering and have a green/yellow colour. Has anyone have the same problem?
7 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @jeffo88, that's odd. Based on what you've described, I recommend for you to head into your nearest authorised service centre with your proof of purchase so that we can take a closer look into this. Please be aware that due to our Privacy Policy, your device may be factory reset before being assessed. I highly recommend backing up your device via Smart Switch, OneDrive and/or Google to ensure none of your data is lost.

For more information on how to back up your device: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/back-up-samsung-device/

To book an appointment prior to heading in-store or to drop off your device via Australia Post: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/your-service/main 

To find your nearest store: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/

0 Likes
jeffo88
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hi, i bought this phone from overseas which is part of a plan back in 2019 so most probably i don't have the proof of purchase anymore and its way past its warranty period. I'm just after if there is a fix to it cos i tried several times before but didn't work, i even watch youtube vids with the same problem with there note 9 and read steps in xda. I just want to know cost screen replacement is too costly, its like buying a mid-range phone. Thanks
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Note

Thanks for clarifying @jeffo88. Unfortunately to confirm the total price of repair, our technicians will need to perform an inspection as their may be other parts that are damaged or need replacing. 

As you've mentioned your device is an international model, that would also mean parts would be imported from the country of origin, and add weeks to the repair time given COVID shipping delays, and holiday period delays. 

Below is the pricing guide for AU screen replacements, please note that pricing for an international model may vary:

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-screen-replacement-pricing/ 

0 Likes
wiseminosse
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

In my experience, the issue appeared after starting to use wireless charger.

AFAIK, the heat of wireless charging, not properly dissipated by the cover, creates some issues with the display (i.e. the flex connector gets damaged or something similar).

There is no solution, the damage is permanent.

But there is a good workaround, that consists of activating always on display.

If you don't like to use it, because of OLED burning issues or reduced battery life, you can keep it on with reduced impact.

Choose AOD, keep it always active, only clock, choose the smallest watchface (I chose the clock in a vertical row close to the right border) and, most important, disable the auto brightness and set brightness to minimum.

With this set, the display will never be off, but with a reduced power drain, and the screen should not get green anymore.

elmoensio
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note

My Note 9 started showing symptoms last week and is now headed to Samsung for assessment. I've used wireless charger from the beginning and have avoided software updates but still managed to get the green screen 2 months before warranty expiry.

aestone
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I've stumbled across a fix for the Note 9 Green Screen display fault.

From the first desktop display swipe down to screen brightness.  Set the screen brightness to max (all the way to the right).  Max screen brightness apparently overwhelms green screen effect.

0 Likes
Dietmar
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Try this:

Activate always on display, choose "home button and clock" and "then tap to show".

Exit settings.

Turn off the phone with the physical button on the side, and turn it back on in the same way after two seconds.

Now the screen is green.

Now turn off the phone with the physical key.

Touch the screen, the clock appears and under the virtual key, turn on the phone with the virtual key.
Now everything is fine.

0 Likes