Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Green line appears after updates

(Topic created on: 07-26-2022 11:17 AM)
Afie_Ahmat
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi may I know what happen to my phone after updating software then the green line appeared.  I already tried some of the users suggesting but to no results.  I can't afford for LCD replacement as my screen got no dents or damage. Please help me..
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Probably they are trying to release these updates to fix the hardware issue.. but seems like the damage has been done, so no software update could save the screen. Only solution will be a replacement. But replacement is costly, so since it's a known issue that is happening mainly to S20 series and also Note 20 series, Samsung will need to fix these displays at no cost.
0 Likes
flamingwoods
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
JP19, do you think a factory reset will help please?
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
I doubt so. 😞 U will just be wasting time to back up and restore ur data. Definitely need a screen replacement, unless Samsung is confident that an update will resolve this issue.
0 Likes
flamingwoods
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
There is the safe mode option i tried, useless, there are some apps online that fixes dead pixels i think is worth a try... if the factory reset won't help either by wiping then what do we do 😅
0 Likes
Bunny78
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hi, I also have the same issue with my note 20 ultra too.
0 Likes
Afie_Ahmat
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Did you get solved by Samsung service ctr. I trying email them to see what the results.
0 Likes
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Galaxy Note

Hello Afie_Ahmat. I am Pradeep from Samsung.

We're sorry to learn of your experience with your Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. May we invite you to book an appointment at our service center - https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/where-to-find-samsung-service-centre-in-singapore/ where our service engineer will assess your device and advise you accordingly.

0 Likes
flamingwoods
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Can we do the same and fix the same screen problem everyone else is experiencing after software updates FOC please?
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hi Pradeep, as u can see in this post and many other posts, regarding S20 series and Note 20 series phones getting display issues post software update, I feel that Samsung has to respond and provide tech support to the affected users.

It's unfair for users to experience such treatment, when they are just updating their phones thru OTA (official channel) and have their phone displays damaged in the process. I believe they need an update from Samsung team on what they should be doing next and whether the future software updates are likely to resolve the display problems.
0 Likes
InkedloveSecrets
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hi I have a green fluorescent patch at the left edge too of my screen. No fall. No water. No shock. What happened ?
0 Likes