Original topic:

Green Line

(Topic created on: 01-30-2023 09:07 PM)
Nyx17
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Does anyone know whether this issue will be fixed if its formatted? It's def a software issue as it only happened after the updates. The problem is even if its formatted we'll have to "update" right up until the green line update again ....so did anyone try formatting yet?

Updates: formatted and nothing worked other than having to set everything again. Customer service said hardware issue and would have to change for RM1150. 
17 Comments
MieKoddy
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Winnie C .... any comment from you
0 Likes
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Actually no harm for you to try if you want to format your device. But please do make sure that you backup every single thing on your phone first because once you do a format, your data and other details will be erase.

Some people did format the phone and the problem fix (even after update to the latest version) but very rare it happen. You can try your luck (no harm).

This kind of issue surely need Samsung help but if you go ask them, they will surely ask you to replace the display (which cost you like crazy). But please note that once you replace the display, they won't guarantee you that the problem will not happen again. 

You can check the screen replacement cost below:

https://www.samsung.com/my/support/mobile-devices/screen-replacement-for-smartphones-and-tablets/

If your phone is like more than 2 years old, i suggest that you better don't repair it and just get a new phone which is more worth. Unless if you still want to use the phone, then no choice to repair it. If it is under warranty then it will be great else, you have to pay for it.

Nyx17
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Sadly used my Note20 Ultra since 2020 and its been doing okay. Would have to try to format(which will be a pain when reinstalling). Hopefully it'll be fixed. Will try it later tonight. Was happy to get back to samsung after years of trying out other brands but I guess if Samsung continues this issue I'll have to back out on this brand again.
0 Likes
MieKoddy
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
If u format and the green line vanish, i might give a try b4 i send my fold2 n s20+ to service ctre.
0 Likes
Nyx17
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I tried and it didn't go away. I went yo thr service centre and they said its a hardware issue and you need to change the screen. My note 20 ultra is RM1150 and so far no stock in whole Klang Valley. They said maybe the stock might come next week.
0 Likes
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

If you feel that the brand do not satisfy you, it is good to try out other brand. No harm because we, as a consumer, that's our rights. No right or wrong.

FYI, many Android's phone got this issue already and not just happen on Samsung devices. Even Epal got this problem too maybe just not that frequent compared to Samsung (fyi, they use Samsung and BOE display). The only matter is their warranty only. 

Good news is Epal will be officially open their store in Malaysia soon. Meaning is, their servicing is much more better than those retail one for sure (you should know what i mean). Lol  

Kepler-10c
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Epal (Apple) lol
0 Likes
Ekbp
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Lol, Samsung will never confess it arises from software updates. I have email and went to service centre and all their reply is hardware issue. The service technician has been notified earlier how to answer. Before i could mention it's software root cause she quickly claim it was screen faulty. Mine was note 10+ and display turn greenish after major software updates. Seems like greenish screen, green line, etc issues is nothing new to all Samsung high-end flagship. So dissapointing
Nyx17
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I mentioned to them it only happened after the major updates too. They insisted it's a screen/hardware issue. My friend on the other hand had issues after the major updates and they got it fixed for free. Although it wasn't Samsung.