Original topic:

Help anyone, Note 10+5g update issues.

(Topic created on: 11-26-2021 11:10 PM)
OniOniSàngó
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Thank you In advance, purchased a Note 10+ 5g(unlocked/ One UI 2, Android 10) on ebay bout a month ago( last security update Dec 1st 2019) I have noticed my wife who has Note10 liteand has received few updates to date while hasn't,just say software up to date? Is there a reason why my phone hasn't received any since it last (Dec 1st 2019) ? Please any info, help on how ro resolve this problem . Presently living in Montreal / carrier Telus..
Much appreciated
Please & Thank You..
Frustrated..
10 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information & Post a screen shot this screen, making sure that Build Number & Service Provider Software Version are included in the screen shot.

Since you purchased the device from eBay, I'm suspecting that you may have purchased a US or International variant, which could explain why you haven't received any OTA Updates.

The Build Number & Service Provider Software Version would confirm this suspicion.

OniOniSàngó
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Thank you much for your response, I am hoping there is away I could resolve this. Tech savvy I am not but your suspicion seems to heading in the right direction. As I mentioned before I really there is a way to fix this 🤞
Thanks for your input...
Screenshot_20211128-023301_Settings_2353_1638084781.jpg
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Yup, that's what I pretty much expected. 

You can download the Latest firmware for your Note 10, SM-N976U from Sammobile or using this app called, Frija which is much faster to your computer. 

You could then Flash the US AT&T firmware using the Samsung tool, Odin. 

You need to download BOTH to your computer in order to use them. 

Here's a link to Frija 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AxiTfTuweXHROc6zif_ptzNZFunykrOf/view?usp=drivesdk

Here's a link to Odin V3.13.3

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DVGTa79z9uKfNqz4AqREUEVQm6Vy_Wn8/view?usp=drivesdk

OniOniSàngó
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
By the way quick question all the files I need for my specific phone model are within the link you shared ?
Thanks 👍
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

No, the links are for Frija application & the two different versions of Odin. 

To get the Firmware for the US or Canadian Note 10, you need to download the Latest firmware using either Frija (after it's installed on your computer, you can open it & run as Administrator & enter the model number, ie: SM-N976U for the US, or SM-N976W for the Canadian Note, along with the Carrier abbreviation to get the correct download. For example Rogers Carrier abbreviation is "RWC".

Or you can download the Firmware from sammobile, but it's MUCH slower than using Frija.

Here's sammobile's link. You'll need to create an account to download the firmware, it's free, unless you want a faster download from there, but it's not really worth it & Frija will still likely be faster. 

But there's some useful instructions on sammobile's site. 

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

OniOniSàngó
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
@RedDogRabbit... Thank you so much once again gonna deal with it today .. will keep you posted.
Thanks... l
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Hopefully you will be able to solve the update issue.

If you update with the AT&T firmware, you will either need to get an AT&T SIM for future updates, or you could Flash the Canadian Telus Firmware on your US Note 10, but you would have to use a different version of Odin, or the Flash would Fail, because the Canadian Firmware wouldn't "recognize" the device running the US Firmware.

The different version of Odin is Patched Odin.

Here's a link to this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GaWBeEfweFK0n1wD2tPsnHGOAUlD9FFZ/view?usp=drivesdk

Whatever you decide, make SURE you use the correct Firmware and Odin. 

OniOniSàngó
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Hi sorry , have been super busy , A Million Thanks man, I haven't been able to deal with it as yet( Everything happens for a dam good reason ) so the added information sounds like it will save me nuff nuff headaches..
Thanks again ..
0 Likes
OniOniSàngó
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
@RedDogRabbit..
Thanks, Thank You .. I got it done and it is fine .. Thank a Million.
Very Much Appreciated...