Original topic:

Huge battery drain on Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 11-11-2020 09:35 AM)
Belushi7
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
My Note 20 ultra (exynos) is currently draining battery. Noticed the major culprit from battery usage analysis to be what is labelled "call log backup/restore" (image in the attached comment below). I have  disable this app, restricted background battery usage but it defies all that and still continue to use battery. I lost 10% battery in 4hrs overnight during standby. Anyone with a solution?
0 Likes
8 Comments
Belushi7
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
see battery stat

Screenshot_20201107-091330_Device care_1909.jpg

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Belushi7, Could you please let us know the place of purchase of your Note20 Ultra.

It’s recommended to optimize battery usage time by setting optimized power mode, adaptive power saving feature or adding unused apps to sleep depending on your usage pattern. Please note that usage time may vary depending on your device settings and operating conditions.

0 Likes
Belushi7
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Bought my device while in Nigeria. That shouldn't be a reason for the battery drain. I implemented all your suggestion immediately I got the phone. Been using only Samsung Note devices for the past 8years, so I know. The reason I shared screenshot of my battery stat highlighting the suspicious sys app.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
just wondering, if your phone is from nigeria, and you can access samsung members app Canada on your phone?? did you do some tweaks or flashing on the phone??? just curious..
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
they changed it so that samsung members depends on your SIM card carriers country rather than the devices country.
Belushi7
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
correct👍
Belushi7
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
this is why 👆

Screenshot_20201031-160433_Samsung Members_1743.jpg

keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Belushi7, 

Please use the link below to generate the error report from Samsung Members app so that the team can review the Log Files and will get back to you.

In step 5, please select "Application" category.

In step 6, Please check "send the system log data".

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-members-how-to-submit-an-error-report/

0 Likes