Original topic:

I have only 4G/3G/2G, not LTE.

(Topic created on: 12-05-2019 06:07 AM)
sirsamsmith
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

I'm with Bell the fastest network across Canada ( I really experienced it). As you guys all know, Bell has the fastest network but with my recent purchase of Galaxy Note 10+ I like neither Bell nor Samsung. On my Note 10+, LTE is totally missing. It shows only 4G/3G/2G, I couldn't bring LTE back to device. My calls are dropping, my data disconnect and the bars for the network coverage get to ZERO and it takes about 15 sec to 4G+ appear on the top of the screen. My wife's phone(S10+) has full coverage with LTE+ I'm sitting next to her, have 4G with only 2 bars. I don't get it my phone has the 5G ability but Nokia 1100 works better. I took it to Bell's service and they test my phone for 15 mins and finally gave me a new SIM and I still have the issue. I took it to Samsung store, the first question was "Where did you get it from?" I said "From Dubai". The guy couldn't help me because the phone was purchased out of Canada. Like, are you serious? I don't know what to do. So, I've decided to come her and seek some help, please. Other than that salesman in their official Samsung store in Dubai promised that this is a 5G phone and will work in Canadian 5G network. 

0 Likes
8 Comments
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
4g is LTE , International devices do t use the LTE word
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
bell s ucks .. its definitely not the fastest network lol
sirsamsmith
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Probably you are on the fastest Freedom LTE lol
0 Likes
firuzmaster
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
go into mobile networks and have it select the network automatically by clicking on network operators > select automatically. If that doesnt work, reset network settings
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
that's not it. he has a international device that the bands are different
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
You are missing network bands. International devices do not come with all the necessary bands.
Also your phone only supports mmWave 5G, aka the useless part of 5G. If you wanted to buy a Note10+ 5G, you should have bought the T-Mobile Note10+ 5G, which supports the much more useful Sub-6GHz 5G along with all the Canada network bands.

So unfortunately your SM-N976B is useless on Bell.
dejanh
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
It is amazing just how many folks don't understand this. You really have to know what you're buying if you're picking up international devices.
0 Likes
sirsamsmith
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
You didn't get the point that their salesman lied to the customer and promised it will work in Canada, bruh.
0 Likes