Original topic:

I hope this is the new samsung

(Topic created on: 09-03-2021 09:37 PM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
So I recently bought the note 20 ultra and so far everything is good. Also I just received the Aug patch which was a big patch along with other improvements. Looking through the update history for the N20U. It looks like they have been receiving an update almost every month. I understand that this device is still fairly new and all that.

However it does look like other devices of samsung's have been also getting decent software support also. Is samsung perfect when it some to software support?.... of course there is always room for improvements. But I really hope that this software support trend will be a new normal for samsung.

It's not that us as consumers are asking for one U.I updates every month, but just the Android security patch each month would be awesome. 👍🏻 so if samsung keeps this trend going and also while the device ages, this will make it much easier to stick with the brand and recommend it also. 

Also I'm considering and looking into maybe switching to the DEX for my computer needs. Has any of you done so? And how do you find it?. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks 🙂

0 Likes
4 Comments
Galaxy Note
Hi TBone, I do use DeX almost everyday. However, DeX still cannot replace computer. But, for light and easy job, you will find it perfect.

Also, depends on what kind of DeX you are using. I used to using USB cable connect to my desktop, then talking with client on Buds Live, PC Desktop working on VPN RDC and DeX on PC adding Notes, reply email and whatsapp with friends.

Drag and drop files between phone and PC is fast and easy.

I personally like DeX on PC more than Wireless DeX. I found wireless DeX has some lagging and USB Mouse not working correctly.

Another option is using DeX docking. But don't want to bring docking and monitor with me all the time.

Above is my experience on DeX. Hope it gives you some ideas.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Thank you. I'm kinda hoping to maybe use DEX with just a mouse and keyboard and monitor maybe with a cable. For now at least mostly I would use it to stream YouTube and maybe play music in the background. The. Maybe do more with it later.
Galaxy Note
Should have no problem. As long as you have a monitor on each location. 😉
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi TBone,
You can ace that research project by using a DeX Pad or a DeX Station. Both products are docking stations that your phone can sit in. With a DeX Pad your phone will lie flat, and with a DeX Station, it will be propped upright. The great thing about a DeX Pad or DeX Station is that you can connect wired accessories directly to it, such as a wired keyboard. You can use Bluetooth accessories if desired.

To set it up, connect the DeX Pad or Station to the Fast Charging Travel adapter that came with the phone. Connect one end of an HDMI cable to the DeX's HDMI port, and then connect the other end into the monitor's HDMI port.
If your phone has a case on it, make sure you take it off before connecting because it may cause connection issues. Next, connect your phone to the DeX Pad or Station.

Use your device as a touchpad

If needed, unlock your phone. If it's your first time using DeX, a popup message will display on your phone's Home screen. Tap Continue and then tap Start to allow access to Full Desktop mode. Another Samsung DeX popup will appear - tap OK.

Then, swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Notification panel. Tap the notification that says "Use your phone as a touchpad.” Now you can control the monitor's cursor using your phone! Read the instructions on the monitor, and then select OK.

Switch from screen mirroring
On some phones, your monitor will automatically start screen mirroring whatever is on your phone. To switch to Samsung DeX, open the Notification Panel by swiping down from the top of the screen. Tap the Samsung DeX notification, and then tap Samsung DeX. The monitor will switch to Samsung DeX mode.

Samsung DeX settings
Note: DeX settings can only be accessed in DeX mode.

When you connect your phone or tablet to a DeX product, Samsung DeX Settings will be added to your monitor's Settings list. To access it, select Settings on the connected monitor, and then select Samsung DeX.

From here, you can customize your wallpaper or screen resolution for Samsung DeX, access keyboard and mouse settings, try new features in advance with Samsung DeX Labs, or learn how to use Samsung DeX.