Original topic:

ICON

(Topic created on: 02-19-2024 03:47 PM)
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello.I made a post already, but can't find it...It was regarding a bogus email. Anyway, I was shook at first by this stupid email and worried! Now I'm 'combing' through everything because I'm EXTRA 'paranoid". Pardon my ignorance, but can you PLEASE help me- What is this little icon? Why had it suddenly shown up?
Do I need to factory test? 😩
(It appears in my app list and looks like a 'copy' of an app as 2 appears-one with the little blue 'tag' and one without-)🤷🏼‍♀️

4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dolfinns
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
It looks like the "Secure Folder" icon to me.

View solution in context

Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Yes, @Dolfinns is correct, that is the Icon for the Secure Folder. The apps that have the small blue icon are inside the Secure Folder, and separate from the rest of your device.

Screenshot_20240219_190656.jpg

View solution in context

Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

When you create the Secure Folder, it AUTOMATICALLY adds some applications. It doesn't just create an empty Secure Folder. 

If you want to add others, then those are optional. 

View solution in context

Solution
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
The apps of Word and Write on PDF are double installed in Secure Folder and non-secure system. They are individual installations, certainly you can delete either of them or both depending on your needs.

View solution in context

7 Comments
Solution
Dolfinns
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
It looks like the "Secure Folder" icon to me.
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Yes, @Dolfinns is correct, that is the Icon for the Secure Folder. The apps that have the small blue icon are inside the Secure Folder, and separate from the rest of your device.

Screenshot_20240219_190656.jpg

GoldieR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
🤔... Thanks fellas, I thought so but I'm NOT using * 'power point' or 'word' and these were 'high usage' whatever does that mean? It's also 'tagged' on other apps like Google...
I use One Drive to load copies of my bank statements, but they won't load into my secure folder there anymore?
Very confused this JUST snowed up few days ago. 🥺 (I WISH I knew everything you guys do-😔)
0 Likes
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

When you create the Secure Folder, it AUTOMATICALLY adds some applications. It doesn't just create an empty Secure Folder. 

If you want to add others, then those are optional. 

Solution
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
The apps of Word and Write on PDF are double installed in Secure Folder and non-secure system. They are individual installations, certainly you can delete either of them or both depending on your needs.
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Google too?
My problem is I don't remember setting up a Google one, but there it is. Password? 🤷🏼 lol
0 Likes
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
& thank you 😌