Original topic:

Impossible to have Android 10 for my note 10 plus

(Topic created on: 03-29-2021 06:54 PM)
Draxx08
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi everybody, as I am new to this forum, I would please, like to know why my Samsung note 10 plus can not find or did not receive the Android 10 firmware update ?
I know I can get it from the settings, but everytime I try, it's never available.

Thanks for your answers and help 🙂🙂
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Wow, you're stuck on the Note10+'s launch software! Your phone has been waiting for a CSC change this whole time. I'll get you the latest firmware. In the meantime, go ahead and backup absolutely everything you have on your device using Smart Switch PC.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Hi CHMultimedia, I tried to understand these codes and read your instruction from one of your previous post.

I understand U1ASG0 according to your post. The phone stayed in original software and never update. I also see XAA/XAA/XAA from service provider. Isn't suppose his service provider is XAA/XAA/VTR (He mentioned using Videotron). Also, why his phone never got update? Is it because wrong CSC? I found out the phone is USA/Unlock/Unbrand.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
You've got almost everything right.
Since he has a US phone (and despite the fact that we share the same hardware North and south of the border), the firmware doesn't have the required CSC for his carrier, so the phone will not switch to VTR, so stays on the current code, which is XAA.

Samsung US doesn't offer FOTA updates for XAA with U models, only U1. Since it checks FOTA for its current CSC, it ends up with no firmware online. The phone reports it is up to date since it has nothing new to download.
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the explaination. I am still learning how to read these codes and still learning from you when there is a chance in this forum. Hope you don't mind explain if I have question. Thank you.
0 Likes
Draxx08
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Thank you very much
0 Likes
Draxx08
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I will tell you, once all my files are backed up
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Take your time, I won't have everything ready very soon. But we'll also transform your device into a Canadian model in the process, which should make it more convenient to use here.
0 Likes
Draxx08
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Ok, thank you
0 Likes
Draxx08
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
The backup is done
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@Draxx08, for your NOTE10+, hopefully you get hooked up with Android 10, UI 2.5 !!!

TRUST from one Note10+ brother to another....you do NOT want to go to Android 11 UI 3.x
0 Likes