Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Lost the TWO Dual (SIM1 + SIM2) buttons for calls & messages after UI 3.0

(Topic created on: 04-23-2021 08:32 PM)
Dual-eSIM-S24Ultra
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note

ATTN: Samsung Support and Software Update Leadership & Development Teams.

Urgent and very important issue, we have lost the TWO Dual (SIM1 + SIM2) two buttons for making calls & sending messages after UI 3.0 update !!!!

Please read below and see attached screenshots of the issue.

All the Samsung Customers invested $1000-2000+ USD in Samsung Dual SiN mobile devices, specifically because it was always productive to manage calls and messages with TWO buttons (SIM1 and SIM2). The Samsung One UI version 3.0 update has taken away this essential feature and made our user experience inefficient, very confusing and no common sense. I updated to 3.0 in January 2021 and it has been a nightmare for the past month. Very recently there was another update and I got excited and was hopefully that Samsung Software Update Leadership & Developers would have realized their huge mistake but that was not the case, and this major issue is still not fixed!!! 

Very disappointing Samsung - please fix this issue ASAP. There are many more complaints about the same issue on several threads and everyday we have to waste time checking and waiting for a resolution. The work around to go through menu options and multiple clicks does not make any sense. Also, another solid justification for Samsung to immediately fix this issue: Our Samsung Dual SIM devices connected to cars via Bluetooth and allowed us to be hands-free, however now for both Dual SIM calls and messages scenarios, with the two buttons missing, we are no longer hands-free, and have to stop driving / pull over to click on 3-4 options to manually toggle between SIM1/SIM2, and not everyone is going to stop driving / pull over for their Dual SIM calls/messages - this is extremely DANGEROUS!!!! Samsung should consider this if they want to avoid lawsuits and more importantly the safety of lives on the road!!!!

Here is another example of the nightmare user experience: At the time of typing your text message and before clicking send if you realize you are on the wrong SIM and try to switch over, then you get an annoying alert that draft message will get discarded (See 2nd screenshot attached) .....and if you dont want to discard your draft message, then you have to cancle, copy the text message and then switch and then paste the text message before clicking send...if you do not copy/paste, then you lose your text message draft.....this is absolutely ridiculous!!!! We use to have a choice right at our finger tips to use SIM 1 or 2 for calls and messages!!!! 

Finally, I tried speaking to Samsung Support live chat (Canada, US, Singapore, and Philippines) - and none of them are able to help, they just waste time with basic troubleshooting ie. Soft Reset. I request them to escalate this issue to their Senior Ranking Support Executives and Software Update Leadership weeks ago and no response....All Samsung Dual SIM device users are impacted Globally. Please see links below: 

1) https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note10-series/lost-dual-sim-choice-in-calls-and-messages-...

2) https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note10-series/dual-sim-dialler-buttons-missing/td-p/26706...

3) https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note20-series/dual-sim-dialler-buttons-missing/td-p/25327...

4) https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/discussions/dialer-does-not-show-dual-sim-calling-option/td-p/21... 

5) https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/Unhidden-the-dual-sim-button/td-p/1646661

75 Comments
Galaxy Note
@CHMultimedia - Completely understand and very kind of you to invest in your time and storage resources simply to help others complimentary!

Fortunately my device is still good but there are many others like me with same model number, same issue and they also need help to revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5.

Is it possible for you to share where you get the required files ? I think then others can just search the specific files for their model number and download themselves.....appreciate your help and guidance.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I get it from inconvenient places (like Sammobile) or straight from Samsung with download tools in some cases, which is why I host the files myself instead of pointing people to them.

I've received an email about you tagging me in the EU community (why yes, that is a feature overseas, unlike here...) and I've read the thread. I could procure the required files, that's not a problem. Hopefully that will be done tomorrow, though with my dwindling sanity levels, don't take it as a promise.
Galaxy Note
@CHMultimedia - THANK YOU!!!!
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

CH je suis disponible pour une discussion si tu le souhaites

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
@CHMultimedia - is it possible for you to please upload the files back on oneDrive tbis week? Or this weekend¹1ĺ
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
As I've said earlier, I cannot promise you anything at the moment, not with my current state and with the current undergoing events. I have not even been able to clear or even progress in important personal projects. I will do my best
0 Likes