Original topic:

My phone died on me.

(Topic created on: 07-14-2020 08:12 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
I don't know how though. It happened today after 4PM since that's when I last received a text message via CMC (and at the time it was on my desk at home). You might think it's water damage and that a day in some ricey company will help. Nope, because as the next image clearly (well, as clearly as possible without a pro macro lens anyway) illustrate, the water damage indicator is NOT activated.
It's the white thing with pink crosses. It should have turned completely pink/red

Already had issues with the S-Pen making it almost unusable. If that had happened a month later, I dunno, I would have admitted defeat and just buy a Note20. Now it feels like an untimely death. I'll be in touch with Samsung and Rogers pertaining to Quebec's legal warranty and try to claim it.* In the meantime, does anyone here have any idea how I could possibly retrieve some data from my phone or am I being delusional? Probably the latter huh?

* Quebec's law dictates that any good sold in/to the province must be functional and free of any hidden issue for "a reasonable duration", which varies by the nature of the good and its price. One could safely assume that any product sold on a contract should be usable for the duration of the contract. As phones as inexpensive as the A10e are sold for 200$ on a 24 month contract, I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect a 6x more expensive device to last just as much 🙃
28 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Here's the indicator's different states, as per Verizon's Note9 documentation. It's clear that it wasn't damaged by water. FYI, the US and Canadian models are extremely similar, if not outright identical from a hardware standpoint.
Galaxy Note
Is that your lovely Note9?
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yeah 😔 Loved it a lot
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
RIP Note9
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
😔
📲
Galaxy Note
That's tough. I mean, you can retrieve your contacts from your sim. Better hope you made the switch to OneDrive in Gallery, or check Google Photos to retrieve your photos/videos. Alternatively, maybe you made a SmartSwitch backup?
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I appreciate that you're actually sharing some genuine tips. Unfortunately, the stuff I need to retrieve would not fall into those categories. Still, it's appreciated 😀
Galaxy Note
Hard luck man. I would also be frustrated to know just one day that my flagship phone died on me. I would also be frustrated to know that Samsung has a 2 year software update policy lol

Do check if you battery died. Just in case 😉
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
The phone does charge as per the wireless charger, so the battery's still good
0 Likes