Original topic:

New Note 9 it's a beast, but....

(Topic created on: 08-25-2018 10:04 AM)
eccentricrogue
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
(1) this is a high end phone without the ability to add a hotspot quick key?
(2) has a wonderful button for the user manual that doesn't exist?
(3) if you set the phone up without a sim card (using wifi) adding the sim card later erases the phone.

come on Samsung how can you let this happen?
0 Likes
15 Comments
Galaxy Note
🤙👍🐧
0 Likes
Jiwon23
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
3) I didn't know that. it was ok for Note8. I spent almost two hrs to set up New note9 and then it went to back factory setting with my old SIM card.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Same thing happened to me when I got my S8+ learned from that when I got my S9+ I believe that it's supposed to be a security feature - So if someone just replaced the SIM it would wipe the phone - Thing is that it only wipes the phone the first time - After that you can swap SIMs as often as you want 😉🐧
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Attach is a response from Samsung. considering the price of the phone I don't appreciate this type of answer. ac14c7b0-9ba4-4c84-8fad-488922381c88.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Well - Shelly is plain wrong as of course you can add the Data & Hot Spot Toggles with relatively simple adb commands 🐧
0 Likes
techguru
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
yes we can add both data and hotspot toggles using adb commands i already tried it in s8,8+,9,9+ it was successful.but...the actual issue with that is after every minor updates it will be removed from our phone and we need to add it again the same way
using commands... that's frustrating.!
0 Likes