Original topic:

Note 10+ Latest Update issue

(Topic created on: 01-24-2021 07:36 AM)
Yuruchi7
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

Since the update I noticed the following issue:

*Navigation bar (gesture) unresponsiveness - you need to snap your finger on the very edge of the phone for it to work and sometimes it doesnt even work. Now, I can no longer use my armored type case because of this.

*Screen sometimes doesn't respond.

*Slow down of system processes, example, opening apps.

Is there any way I can rollback the update? I am happy and contented with Android 10 compare to the latest update with full of bugs.

P.S. I am now considering to switch to iOS because of this.

0 Likes
13 Comments
uzairm87
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I posted bout so navigation bar issue too so annoying

was perfect b4
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Before you consider going back to the previous android version (yes you can inspite of what Samsung moderators will tell you, so long as the bootloader version has not changed). Try Booting into Recovery and wiping cache, but I would recommend that you backup your phone with smart switch & factory reset. I've never had any problems using this approach. 

BUT, I do find that occasionally I have to switch to navigation buttons for a moment & then back to gestures on my S20 Ultra. 

Hopefully the update scheduled for January 26th for my phone will include a fix for this. I don't know when you will receive an update for your phone? 

By the way, threats of switching to iPhone fall on deaf ears with samsung, I really don't think that they care. 

But if Samsung doesn't bring back the external sd card, I won't be buying another Samsung phone. 

Yuruchi7
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Same here, it's pretty annoying since it is working perfectly before. I'll wait for the next update then and we'll see if they fix the issue. Otherwise, will dispose this one and find different brand.

0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
You might need to wipe cache or factory reset for some issues but did you try to set the gesture sensitivity to high and see if it helps?

Screenshot_20210124-112235_Settings_8783.jpg

Yuruchi7
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Nope, I am comfortable using the first one. I already tried what you said and I still find it not functioning like before. I still need to snap my finger to the very edge of the screen.

0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I also have no issues so far *knocks on wood* with One UI 3.0. However, I did a clean install of it on my Note 10+.

I'm actually quite impressed with One UI 3.0. My phone is a little more responsive and I can finally test/use the newer gesture navigations with Nova Launcher Prime. Though I'll probably go back to One Hand Operation+ for more functionality.
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Yuruchi7, I suggest you please perform the wipe cache partition as suggested by @RedDogRabbit by following the instructions below and check if the issue got resolved.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. The Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
Mensah
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I have Samsung S10+.
ever since I have it it's always slow I have a 10 gigs and it is very slow I could hardly open the pages takes a minute or two before I could look at one web page.
always have to reboot something with the network it's not normal or any other people having problems with Samsung S10 +
sometimes I really want to throw the phone in the garbage my old phone was much faster than this one was also a Samsung I even had less gigs and it was faster
l
0 Likes
MystTake
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Yeah I had this problem too they only way to solve it was to turn on gesture hints and it went back to being responsive. I dont really like the hints either but it's a temp fix I guess.
0 Likes