Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 10 Lite heating up and battery drain when using mobile data

(Topic created on: 05-27-2020 05:44 AM)
xiaokhat
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello! I got my phone today. During testing, I noticed that my phone gets really hot whenever I have mobile data on. The battery gets drained faster as well, compared when on wifi. Am I the only one having an issue like that?

The first time I had my mobile data on, I was chatting on Messenger downloading themes from the Samsung store, took a bit of photos. The second time I tested was after its first full charge, I watched a Netflix video for an hour, still with mobile data on. The phone was really hot afterwards! The battery dropped from 100% to around 85%. 

Is this normal? I mean it's not normal to have an overheating device but would it go away over time?
5 Comments
KentTumanda
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
If you use apps & features that require more power and using them during extended periods. Your phone may temporarily heat up due to increased battery consumption. Close the apps you don't use and don't use the device for a while or longer.

Hope it works🙂😃
0 Likes
Renz1990
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Normal.. unfortunately the devices here uses Exynos.... which is far behind Snapdragon Models in the US... my S20 Ultra Heats up to 44 C just using ML for 20 minutes...
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRuss
Options
Galaxy Note

Good day! Are you still having the same issue?

0 Likes
xiaokhat
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hello! Today is day 2 of testing. I was on mobile data again today, playing PVZ for 30 mins and then constant chatting thru Viber and Messenger for 4 to 5 hours. The phone was hot during playtime but temp went back to normal when I was just using measaging apps.
0 Likes
waaa5
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
This is normal. Mobile data uses more power from the phone, and besides, downloading will increase the temperature of the phone as well. On a side note, samsung devices with the exynos chip tend to overhead quicker than the Qualcomm chipsets
0 Likes