Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Note 20 latest update screen flash/sms app popup

(Topic created on: 10-05-2021 08:04 PM)
kincaid
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
With the latest update on the note 20 ultra there was another forum posted about screen flashes which I get as well but it's actually the text message app popping up and closing for a split second. Anyone know why tf this is happening and how to stop it?? If I click to see what apps are open it shows the Samsung sms app with a black blank preview and does not even open when I switch to the app. This is incredibly annoying since watching videos or while driving with Google maps the flicker causes the video or navigation to minimize.
26 Comments
Razmon
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Any fixes on note 10 plus in call microphone issues?

Person having a hard time hearing on the other end - I have to put on speaker for them to hear me. All diagnostics seem to say it's fine, including voice recording, but only issues when on any sort of call. @Cassidy @RedDogRabbit
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Could be a Carrier / Network issue?

Is this just recent?

Did you try a simple Reboot? 

0 Likes
Razmon
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Yes I did.. it can't be a carrier issue because speaker phone works fine, and all diagnostics say all the speakers are fine.

I think this is another update issue.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Not sure if you already mentioned, but did you try Booting into Recovery and wipe cache?

Also check in Settings for "hearing enhancements" or "hearing aid" to make sure it's off.

You could also try Booting into Safe Mode & test with a few calls to see if the issue continues?

Samsung is not perfect by any means, but I've never had any problems that were caused by an update from them.

No idea how many Samsung Notes were sold in Canada, but I think that if the hearing issue was related to the update, there'd be hundreds of people reporting the issue.

The only other thing that I can think of which you can try, is a Factory Reset. If you decide to Factory Reset, make sure to backup your device with Smart Switch FIRST!

If all else fails, then maybe visit a Samsung Service center? 

Razmon
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Thanks 🐕 🐇

Yes I thought this was an update issues because the phone is practically brand new and the screen flickering issue occurred with same update that gave Me microphone issues.

I will try this all in a little bit.
ShahiB
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I'm having the exact same issues and it all started from the last update and I thought it would be fixed after the latest update but nope still the same flickering message app issue. On top of that I also started having issues with hearing music on my Samsung earbuds...so disappointed with Samsung. The phone is fairly new and it's really frustrating. I also submitted an error report but no reply or fix.
kincaid
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Try the suggested temporary fix, works for most of us
0 Likes