Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra and Samsung Dex

(Topic created on: 10-23-2020 03:42 AM)
Cprice
Options
Galaxy Note
So I'm have a weird intermittent issue when I connect my Note 20 Ultra to my Samsung Dex dock,  for some unexplained reason, one of the pre-installed ringtones (Dance) just starts playing. 

There's no notifications 
There's no reminders 
There's no way for me to stop it unless I restart my phone. 

Remember that this only happens on occasion and not every time I use the Dex dock. 

Any ideas? 
0 Likes
8 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Cprice,

If possible, could you please connect Samsung Dex with another phone and see if you hear any pre-installed ringtones.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I had a Note 10+ before the Note 20 Ultra and never had that issue, it doesn't always happen with the Note 20 Ultra every time I connect, it might happen 1 or 2 times out of 10 times that I connect to the Dex dock.
0 Likes
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Which dock are you using, specifically?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
The Samsung Dex Dock
20201022_191842_13775.jpg
0 Likes
RidaIssa
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
hmmm why are you using a dock? you can only use the wire on any screen and DEX gonna open :)
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I know I could use an USB-C to HDMI cable to connect to Dex. I use the dock because I have a mouse and keyboard plugged into it, also I play a lot of COD Mobile, so using the dock charges my phone at the same time.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Cprice, Is there anything displayed on the screen when the ringtone is playing.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
The desktop looks normal, no app is open, there's nothing in the notification area indicating a notification, reminder or alarm
0 Likes