Original topic:

note 20 ultra android 11 issues wifi

(Topic created on: 01-10-2021 02:14 PM)
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Note 20 ultra had no issues until last night I did the new android 11 os update and since then a hand full of apps or games wont work and crash on wifi.

They just wont load up then crash back to home icon screen.
 Now i spent whole day trying things.

I reset network settings I cleared cache in the boot menu. I changed routers created new network. Now i notice if i turn wifi off these apps and games work on mobile data no issues. If i turn airplane mode on with wifi on all apps and games work also. So hopefully with this info someone can help but im guessing its going to have to be a patch fix as i never had none of these issues on the phone before the 11 update.
0 Likes
8 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey Toxicfire,
Please perform the wipe cache partition of the device and get back to us with the results.
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
yes I mentioned I did that already. twice actually and it made no difference.
0 Likes
RidaIssa
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
lol it looks we Note20 Ultra users are getting to many problems with that update, my phone can't hold lot as before, Oneui 3.0 is battery drainer
0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
yea looking online there Ton's of issues. pretty sure they sent out the first beta lol. cause there's no way they tested this before release
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey RidaIssa,
Have you followed the wipe cache partition of the device steps on your phone? If not, I suggest you to perform it on your phone by following the above steps and get back to us with the results.

0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
so I submitted error report. I'm told to go to live chat for further help then live chat after an hour tells me to go to samsung members and the team will help lol.

is there a simple way to downgrade back to Android 10 my phone was purchased direct from Samsung Canada.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey Toxicfire,
Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I suggest you to perform the factory data reset of the device after back up the device data on a computer using the Smart switch software. Make sure that you have removed the configured accounts from your phone before going to perform a factory data reset otherwise it will be locked with one of the configured accounts.

Here is the Smart switch link: https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-back-up-your-devi...
You can find the factory data reset option under the General management of the device settings.

0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
this has been done. made no difference except made my life more miserable with the phone because now I spent all the time and some apps don't have cloud sync and the problem is still here haha.
0 Likes