Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Display color White Yellowish

(Topic created on: 12-14-2021 10:23 PM)
itz_jomz
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
I just noticed that the screen display of Note 20 Ultra is yellowish compared to my other phone. Same photo but white color on Note 20 Ultra is yellowish and not really white. Blue filter OFF and also played with Normal/VIVID on display including the Red/Green/Blue filter. Same white is yellowish on Note 20 Ultra
0 Likes
2 Comments
Minaamina
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
hmm.. i feel sorry for note 20 Ultra user🥲🥲
0 Likes
pikaboomm
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Same goes for s21 base model. recently just bought s21 online becoz of the promo but was disappointed how bad the white balance was for a flagship phone. Not just white appear yellowish, skin tone are heavily yellow making human skin look like walking highlighter. Tho the weirdest part was only the white, and skin colour are affected the rest looks pretty good actually.

Tak puas hati, went back to in-store to compare the demo unit with my phone, both set it with the same screen mode, RGB slider and brightness, and it turns out both demo and my newly purchased s21 has the same yellowish white.

After that, straight went to customer service center to ask about the issue, the reception seems shock the white is yellow too even play with the rgb settings for a while with no luck. Thus she took my phone and ask for the technician advice. Couple of minutes later. It turns out that Samsung purposely made the screen like this. They said they also not sure why Samsung would calibrate the screen that way. She even show me a Note 20 Ultra(same model as yours) with a even more yellowish white. Though there's s no way to fix it. The reception keep saying sorry for not able to help. Sad but what to do.

Thinking to selling it now as I'm doing design and animation. Seeing my artwork display in a way it shouldn't be is a no no for me. Hoping a software update would able to fix it but i doubt they would admit the problem after seeing everyone having the tint issue across different samsung devices.
0 Likes