Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra fast charging disabled

(Topic created on: 12-29-2020 06:54 AM)
foresty
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Three days ago I got the moisture detected in USB port message.  The phone wasn't wet, it happened while i was charging.  Error lasted 24 hours before it cleared.  Now, fast charging no longer works?? On top of that, the usb port doesn't work great now, i have to plug it in 2-3 times for it to start charging. 

This is the worst phone I've ever owned. Camera glass randomly shattered, screen cracked along the side from a 1 foot fall. Now fast charging doesnt work anymore. Thanks Samsung.
10 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey foresty,
Please make sure that you are using the original Samsung charger to charge your phone.
Then follow the steps below to check the Fast charging option on your phone.
Go to Settings> Device Care> Select Battery> Tap on Charging> Toggle on Fast Charging, Super Fast Charging and Fast Wireless Charging.

If your phone is receiving an error that says moisture has been detected but your phone has not been exposed to water, there are a few explanations.
•It is possible that there is a software error or bug. A security patch may solve the problem. Try checking your phone for the latest software.
•If you live in a humid environment, it is possible that there is moisture buildup inside the charging port. Shake your phone to remove any excess water, and then let it sit for 1 to 2 hours, so the water can naturally evaporate. If the error message does not go away, try very carefully to clean the charging port with a dry Q-tip.
•If you need to charge your phone right away, use a wireless charger. Wireless charging is not affected by moisture or foreign materials in the charging port. If your device supports wireless charging, you can try charging it that way. Make sure to thoroughly dry the device before placing it on the wireless charger.
For the screen cracked and camera glass randomly shattered issue, the device needs to get examined and repaired by the authorized technician. Please contact the live chat support so that they will help you with the available options.

Here is the live chat support link: https://www.samsung.com/ca/livechat

Please note that due to Government COVID regulations, most of the service centers would be operating with curbside pick up/drop off and non-functional depending on the locality.

0 Likes
warbuxx
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
the exact same thing happened to me on Dec 31
0 Likes
warbuxx
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
now my fast charging does not work properly
0 Likes
foresty
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
seriously? yeah my usb port is garbage. the plug only works one direction, have to flip it over to find the right side. And fast charging is completely disabled. Very disappointed in this phone, it needs a complete rebuild at this point.
0 Likes
warbuxx
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
wow exact same as well with having to flip the charging port.
foresty
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
the new software update solved my usb issue. I have super fast charging and don't have to flip the plug anymore.
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey forestyGlad to know that, and Thanks for taking the time for sharing it with us.

0 Likes
foresty
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
well it glitched out again this morning. I have once again lost fast charging, and I have to flip the plug to find the right side. Thanks Samsung.
0 Likes
warbuxx
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I'm on the s20 5g