Original topic:

Note 20 ultra gps sucks now

(Topic created on: 04-19-2021 11:33 AM)
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
So after android 11 update my GPS plain and simple sucks now.
Indoors it won't work at all not even standing on main floor at window.
Before I could be in my basement and google maps and apps that use GPS would work no issues.

If I step outside for a minute then GPS connects.

I've reset cache on apps,
Turned location off then back on.
I have improved accuracy with wifi also
I've down the reboot and system wipe cache

Any other things I can try and do.?
Any way to test or reboot the GPS?

0 Likes
7 Comments
Galaxy Note
My Note 20 Ultra GPS works fine after Android 11. which app you have clear cache ?
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I went in cleared cache for all apps then rebooted phone with the volume button and cleared the system cache.

So I'll have for example I'll be at the window in my home and load google maps it won't detect gps signal but I open my door stick my phone outside and 5 seconds later I have gps.

Also at the office I could be be anywhere in building and it would work perfect but now as soon as I'm in the front door of building I don't have gps lol
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, Please try to change the locating method of your device You can set the Location method of your device to High accuracy. This means it will get a more accurate reading on GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile networks when it estimates your location. From the Home screen, swipe up for the Apps Screen and tap Settings. You can also pull the notification bar down and tap the Settings icon. Navigate to Settings and then tap Location. Tap Locating method and select an option. By default, High accuracy is turned on. On older OS versions, GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile networks are turned on by default.

0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yes it's high with wifi and Bluetooth scanning. I've turned Bluetooth off and on makes no difference either.
I've toggled the location on off also.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Toxicfire, Please could you try to back up and reset your device. To Backup data: From Settings, navigate to and tap Accounts and backup. Tap Back up data under "Samsung Cloud". On the next screen, select the content you want to back up, or simply tap Select all. When you are ready, tap Back up at the bottom of the screen. Tap Done when it is finished syncing. To restore the data: From Settings, navigate to and tap Accounts and backup. Tap Restore data under "Samsung Cloud". On the next screen, select your desired device (at the top of the screen), and then select the content you want to restore. Next, tap Restore at the bottom of the screen. If required, follow the on-screen instructions to download your backup data.

0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
I did this is january after android 11 due to a wifi issue and gps and I lost app and game data and resetting did not fix the issue.
Then this last update now gps is worse then it was so doing another reset would cause me to lose app and game data again for no reason as January when I did it never helped.

Unless for some magic reason it will help for doing it a second time?
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Toxicfire, As you have done all the troubleshooting steps. We suggest you get the device examined by the technician to get it repaired. I request you please reach out to live chat support by using the link below and they will help you with the service ticket. Please make sure you keep the pictures and BOS(Bill Of Sale) handy for review. www.samsung.com/ca/livechat Samsung is offering Door to Door service: For In-warranty: We will arrange a convenient and safe pick-up service solution at your home. Contact us at 1-800-SAMSUNG, LIVE CHAT or text WECARE (932273) and we will assist in diagnosing your device through Samsung Remote Service. We will also arrange service pick-up and delivery if repair is required and will clean your product prior to delivery. If service pick-up is required, you will receive a FedEx shipping waybill from our agents via email. Once you have received your waybill, please schedule a convenient pick-up time for your device at your home by calling FedEx at 1-800-GoFedEx (1-800-463-3339). The health and safety of our customers, employees and partners remain our top priority. For all services requiring pick-up and delivery, please see https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/coronavirus.html for details on how FedEx is responding to COVID-19. Samsung will pay for the cost of shipping by FedEx from your home to the service centre and from the service back to your home. For repairs that are under the manufacturer’s warranty, there is no charge for the service to perform the repair for In-Warranty devices. For repairs that are Out-of-Warranty, our Authorized Service Centre will determine the repair required and contact you with a repair quote and you will pay the service centre directly. In certain circumstances, an inspection fee may apply for any refused repair quotations.

0 Likes