Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra mobile network issue

(Topic created on: 08-11-2021 08:54 AM)
sachinpatel
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

After I installed security patch on 31 July. I am loosing mobile network connection every now an then and even after restarting the phone, the network is not connecting. It shows "Emergency Call only". Can anyone please help?

4 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, I suggest you to contact your carrier as you are unable to connect to mobile network. However, try to remove the sim card and re-insert the sim card and check if you are getting the mobile signal.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Really don't think that it has anything to do with the Security Patch Update. Likely to just be a coincidence.

Follow the Samsung Moderators suggestion of removing & reinserting the SIM & see if that works?

It's always possible that the SIM itself is the problem, ask your Carrier to give you a new SIM & see if you continue to see "emergency calls only".

The SIM may *LOOK* perfectly fine, but it can still be the problem.

You could always just boot into recovery & wipe cache. Sometimes there's some "junk" that should have been cleared out by the update script, that didn't get cleared out. 

sachinpatel
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Thanks for the answers. I contacted the carrier and they said the sim-card is too old and needs replacement. They replaced the sim-card and it's working now.

Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, Glad that it is working now. If you found a solution to your query please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes