Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Offline Radio

(Topic created on: 01-15-2023 07:32 PM)
Ashishkumarrao
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello Everyone,
I am using Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (US Version). Can anyone please guide on me how to use Next Radio app or offline radio on this device? Your help will be really appreciated. 
Thank you.

0 Likes
12 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Even though your device has the hardware capability to use offline FM Radio, it has been disabled, either by Samsung Canada, or the Canadian Carriers. 

Each will likely say that the other is responsible, whom you choose to believe is up to you. 

Some of the US Carriers / Samsung USA, may not have disabled the FM Radio? 

I believe that T-Mobile has NOT disabled the FM Radio. 

In order to get the FM Radio to work, you would need to Flash the T-Mobile CSC. 

However, the downside is that you would lose your Carrier's features, ie: RCS, WiFi Calling etc. 

In my opinion, it's not worth it. 

My previous reply, seems to have disappeared? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Are you sure Red? My note 20 is tmo software and rcs and wifi calling works and i am with rogers
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

If you Flashed the Rogers CSC, (or used the Dialer Code) then it should work fine with Rogers.

If it was still using Tmo's CSC, then I'm pretty sure that RCS & WiFi Calling wouldn't work.

I know that when I Flash the US Betas on my Canadian device, I don't have RCS, or WiFi Calling until I Flash the Rogers CSC. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
But mine is still Tmo's CSC as i did not flash the rogers CSC
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

In Settings > About Phone > Software Information, can you post a screen shot of Service Provider Information.

The CSC is the Country Specific Code / Carrier Specific Code, and Carrier functions such as RCS & WiFi Calling, should not work if it is not correct for a Rogers SIM. 

Screenshot_20230124_220547.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Here you go

1674616826467_1674616826453_0.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

If you have a Rogers SIM, RCS & WiFi Calling should not be working. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
Look at the top right corner. The wifi sign for rogers line with number 2. I do have a US number on physical sim

1674644369220_1674644369212_0.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Can't really see any of the Status Bar Icons in your screen shot, but the Note 20 has the update to include eSIM.

I'm not sure if that's why, or if you've always had RCS & WiFi Calling while using a physical SIM with a US Carrier's number with a US Carrier, which would make sense. 

I don't know if eSIM with a Canadian Carrier (Rogers) is why you can use RCS & WiFi Calling with Rogers & a Tmo CSC..? 

Good to hear if that's the case. 

Anyway 

0 Likes