Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Screen Dimming

(Topic created on: 04-19-2022 10:47 AM)
nickname16
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Anyone know a way to get this phone to STOP automatically dimming in sunlight?!?!?
Super SUPER frustrating.
Instead of brightening in bright ambient light, the thing dims. Obviously this is entirely backward.
And when i say "dims", it dims to the point of near unreadability.......... rendering the screen almost entirely useless in direct daylight.

All adaptive settings are turned off and no ot doesn't just "seem" to do it. Tou can literally watch it slowly darken when exposed to bright light, then recover in the shade.

I have scoured the web for a solution but have come up empty handed.
Hoping someone has the answer otherwise I'll have to ditch this gazillion dollar piece of whatever-you-want-to-call-it for another phone manufacturer that allows reasonable user control.

Cheers

15 Comments
Galaxy Note
Not on my old Note20U.
0 Likes
nickname16
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Old?!? Lol. They haven't even been out two years!
Not being cheeky there, just old-school mentality, lol.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Oh...I am using S22U now. I should say my ptevious phone Note20U. My wife is using my previous phone, Note20U and just tested, working good. All software up to date too.
0 Likes
nickname16
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Interesting. Wonder what the **bleep**'s happening then.
You're testing in bright sunshine direct on the screen???
0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, Have you tried to perform Reset all Settings. Performing these workaround brings backs the device to its default settings, whereas as the personal data, media, images, and app are not affected by this procedure. So try to perform on your device and verify the issue. Go to Settings. Select General Management. Touch Reset>Reset Settings. Enter PIN or Password you have set. Finally hit Reset.

0 Likes
nickname16
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the suggestion and no I have not tried that as of yet, but would consider as a last resort simply because if I lose a bunch of other device settings re file or homescreen organization or passwords/logins, etc ,etc, etc, etc that is an houuuuuuurs long job that I just do not have time for unless absolutely necessary.
0 Likes