Original topic:

Note 20 ultra screen freeze

(Topic created on: 09-30-2021 10:14 AM)
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
So I factory reset my note 20 ultra to give to wife to use we set it back up but are facing issues.
So apps and games the touch screen will freeze up.
For example the game will still work but any tabs or buttons that are on the screen can't be pushed. 
I can drag down the notification bar no problem.
Also if I press the power button to turn screen off then back on the touch on the screen is working again.

Also sending a text message while typing the screen will do a fast glitch/flicker and the keyboard will go away but then I can click back on keyboard and all is fine again.

To mention I've had the phone for 7 months now and it's been perfect up until I did the factory reset and then after reset I did the September security update before setting phone up.

I've cleared cache I've factory reset the phone 3 times now but still doing it.

Could it be software related and how would I go about reinstalling the software?
I have unlocked note 20 ultra purchased from Samsung Canada.
0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
So I ended up going into messages turning off keep on top and it seemed to have solved all these issues. Wow what a last few days and pain.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Yeah I've posted this workaround a few times, on different threads. I thought that I had replied to you directly in at least one of them?

It's not a fix, but you won't get the blinking /UI glitch. 

Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Well today my screen is flashing glitches again but not closing anything and I'm still able to message and email etc so disabling this messaging thing helped as before I couldn't go on anything without the problem and then thebproblem disappeared when I disabled this but a day later and it's half back now haha
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Other than an update from Samsung to actually fix the issue, the only other thing that would stop it completely, would be to disable Samsung Messages. 

Unfortunately that's not an option through Settings > Apps.

The only way to do this is with a Package Disabler from the Play Store (which are paid), or adb commands.

in the meantime, hopefully Samsung will push a "Hot Fix" OTA to address this problem? 

Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yes let's hope samsung gets on this. I'm beginning to think no moderator on here or support even own samsung devices because there copy paste responses are the exact same for everything reset phone clear cache or contact service center lol.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

For the most part, that's exactly how it appears. Often it's blatantly obvious that they either haven't read the post, or they just don't comprehend it. 

It's astonishing that they then have the nerve to essentially ask for their "answers" to be marked as a "solution"?? **bleep**?? 

They must get a bonus on their pay for "solutions" is my guess. 

Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
UPDATE: NOW SEPT 30 AND STILL NO FIX RELEASED FOR THIS ISSUE many many people are having this same issue with there phones also. Come on samsung release a fix on the issue.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Are you using Samsung Messages or Google Messages? 

I *MIGHT* have an idea? 

0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Using the stock messaging app on note 20. So samsung I guess
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Try using Google Messages & if you want to use Chat features agree to it. If Google Messages is the Default Message app, it SHOULD prevent Samsung Messages from causing the issue 🤞

0 Likes