Original topic:

Note 8 screen repair VERY costly!

(Topic created on: 02-03-2018 08:12 PM)
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy Note
I accidentally dropped my couple months old Note 8 from 40 cm height on wooden floor with my casing on. Surprise surprise, it cracked. Small crack on the corner barely visible but I'm afraid it'll grew worse. I called Samsung and they said the ONLY authorized repair is called ubreakifix.ca and damn it's expensive! It's $329.99 + tax to change repair it *sob* but I read nothing but good reviews from their customers (and no choice in this matter either, eh). What makes me a bit relieved when they told me Samsung original warranty still valid after the repair. Just to let you guys know if you're in a similar situation. 0c3a1c4f-5f08-496f-9170-a45a8093c920.jpg
0 Likes
8 Comments
MichealRC
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Repaired my S7 Edge screen through them and never had an issue and if they have a screen protector id recommend taking it because if you brake your screen again they will replace it for cheap
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
So it's like an insurance from them? How much is it?
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Yeah if you repair from authotized samsung repair center, not just warranty stays valid but also your phone will still be water and dust resistant. Don't go for aftermarket repair because they won't guarantee your phones screen repair water or dust resistant.
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I heard Rogers and Fido offers screen break phone insurance starting Feb 2018. For $11/ month you can get one FREE screen replacement no matter how you did it.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/01/02/rogers-and-fidos-new-device-protection-program-provides-one-free-screen-break-repair/

Any thoughts?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I got it for my new S7. It gets you international Text (MMS too) and theft insurance too. And this free replacement is really great. I do wonder if the back of the phone is included or is considered separately
tmaaag
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
It's not something you can just add to your phone plan after having it for months. You would need to add this "device protection" to your plan the moment you buy/upgrade in order for you to take advantage of the screen break replacement offer. It basically wasn't included before, but now it is.
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I'd rather back my phone up, log into Soluto and report it stolen and get a new phone in 24 hrs. Has to be a model better or same with Premium Tab+...already used it a few times 😉...oh and that was advice right from one of their insurance agents. Said several times on here before if you don't have device insurance you're a schmuck.
mike88
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
yes I heard this too. Rogers just recently partnered with a new insurance agency for repairs. This new insurance company is offering a first time free repair for a broken or cracked screen no matter how it was done. It's a nice thing to offer and quite frankly a big sigh of relief just knowing your covered since these screens are very pricey and the likelihood it could happen to you is definetly something to consider. I'm pretty happy I'm with rogers for that reason.
0 Likes