Original topic:

Note 9 discoloration

(Topic created on: 09-17-2021 12:49 PM)
ynote9
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
After a software update, my note 9 turns greenish and abit yellowish. Whatever i do cannot resolve this irritating issue and i am very disappointed to samsung brand as they did not solve this issue on their next software update. This note 9 is well working, just that the display was so awful. Samsung pls take this issue seriously, as I saw online majority of the note 9 users face this irritating issue. 
27 Comments
Flashben
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
This is just to show you when the screen with normal color.
And I don't think it is a hardware issue to cause the display discolouration. IMG_20210910_134312_958_123111.jpgIMG_20210910_134314_919_123112.jpg
0 Likes
ynote9
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Yea when u wipe the cache, the color is back to normal but after some hours it will revert back to greenish, yours phone out of warranty?
0 Likes
Flashben
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Yes, cleaning cache is one of method for temporary. But not always work. Then you have to try adjust brightness or restart the phone again.
Out of warranty but less than 2 yrs.
Ph03n1x
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
Some batch only, maybe... i got 2 units of it, my wife one has no discoloration yet, but screen burn a little bit, but mine was replace a new screen... still the same after the update... the device update automatically update make my phone become green & yellow again...

Even this phone I'm not using, just as second backup phone.
0 Likes
SYWong
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
Happened to my S10+ too.
0 Likes
AhmadRafiee14
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Happened to my S10 + too... 😭😭
0 Likes
ChiaChong
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Same happen to my s10e, the screen turn yellowish after lock screen and turn on immediately, it might become normal after a few minutes but comes again after locking and unlocking the screen. Found a temporary fix is turn on always on display(AOD), when the phone is locked, click the screen once to display AOD, then only unlock the screen
0 Likes
dilupillai
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

I too am facing the same issue. Poor support from Samsung. The yellow banding stops when the display brightness is set at low or highest!!!! OLED saver or PMWfree works however the blacks are not true black. I'm not able to edit photographs as colour accuracy has gone out of the window!!!! Very disappointed. No more Samsung for me. iPhone 13 or maybe Pixel 6 pro. I've had two Samsungs in the past and their ineffective customer support (evidenced by these email threads) and no effective solution is honestly primitive and unpleasant.