Original topic:

Note 9 - Spotify Issues with Android Auto

(Topic created on: 08-29-2018 10:08 PM)
Yielar
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
I can't search for music on Spotify using the microphone in my Spotify Android Auto on my vehicle infotainment system like I could with my Note 8. When I press the microphone and say play a specific song it says sorry I can't do that yet? I can do other searches like weather and any other Google search really but the voice requests for music isn't working. Please fix! Worked fine on my previous Note 8 so it's definitely the phone not my vehicle.
0 Likes
9 Comments
sirdre
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Check your Google Assistant settings. Services -> Music -> link Spotify a/c. Maybe relinking it again solve the issue.
0 Likes
Yielar
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Ok, I'll give that a shot and report back thanks
0 Likes
Yielar
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
No luck so far! I uninstalled Google Home and relinked Spotify and still the same response when I touch the microphone on my Spotify in my vehicle Android Auto. It says, "Sorry I don't know how to help with that yet".

Any other suggestions?? Best part about Spotify is being able to voice search for music when driving! Help
0 Likes
sirdre
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hmmm... What happened whenever you try Google play music?
0 Likes
Yielar
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Just tried Google Play music and it doesn't work either when I do a voice search for music. Strange. I can do regular Google searches for weather etc np.
0 Likes
maxfootball18
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I have a Note 9 on an Android Auto Mazda 3 2017 hacked infotainment system and a cx3 2016 hacked infotainement system (Note 9 is pure, no hack) and everything works. This kind of issue happened to me on my old pixel xl and pixel 2 Xl when i upgraded to Pie ... something about permissions of Android Auto. I did a complete uninstall of the app and reinstall to trigger app permissions access to the microphone... maybe that would help. Also, since you said your mic work with regular search (that's weird) ... i experienced far more issues in french than in english (Gf set hers to french and mine is english) by saying only the song name instead of song name + artist name wich tend to trigger your error more often or a "sorry, i can't do this in the car while your driving" kind of answer. It might mean the assistant think you are asking for something else. I will check again to make sure it is working (i'm sure it is) and report back here.
0 Likes
maxfootball18
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Also, i think it would help to run Android auto only on the Note 9 and try to do a music voice search on the Note 9 without connecting it to the car to see if it is really about the Hub when you are connecting it via usb (which i doubt it the vehicule since you can do a a voice search using the car microphone)
0 Likes
Yielar
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
It wasn't working since Aug 25th or so but just started working again today. I received a response from Google and they were aware of the issue and were working on it. My issue seems to be resolved but I'll have more time to test tomorrow.
maxfootball18
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Awesome then if all is working 😀
0 Likes