Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 Update Messed Screen Resolution

(Topic created on: 06-30-2020 10:09 PM)
roydenc
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

So I just updated my Samsung Note 9 and my resolution is super big. The pattern unlock that I use extends beyond the screen so I can't unlock it. Any suggestions? I'm out of ideas.

7 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Some were able to reboot their device and it seemed to have helped but this is not unanimous. You can also try to wipe the cache partition. Beyond that, your only options would be to reflash the latest firmware (should preserve your data) or factory reset as a last resort (but confirmed to work)
Solution
roydenc
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

OK,

I was finally able to get into my phone.

1. While the screen resolution is blown up beyond the screen, the touchscreen input is within the confines of the screen size. Think of this as your touchscreen input expanded on a larger screen that you can only partially see. Also keep in mind, just because you're touching a control, doesn't mean you are actually touching is as everything is offset.  Based on this understanding I slowly used my pattern to unlock my screen.
  2. Then swipe from up to down to access the quick menu. The settings gear is not available.
  3. Long press a setting e.g. Bluetooth to get to the Settings for that object.
  4. Then click back, back till you're in the main Settings menu
  5. Scroll down to Display and select it(Keep in mind things are offset, so pressing somewhere on the screen doesn't necessarily mean you are selecting the menu item.)
  6. Scroll down to screen resolution
  7. Then choose HD+ and click Apply
  8. Then choose the resolution you actually want.

Hope that helps.

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Wow, that's great that you've figured out how to work around the issue! I'm sure those unfortunate enough to come across it will find your solution to be a lifesaver.
Galaxy Note
Nice. I learn something new from you. 👍🏼
Scarlettheart
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
If it's too enlarged and you can't make it you could always factory reset it although you will lose all your data

To factory reset it without using password
First turn off your phone now press power button volume button and home button at the same time

Once you've in recovery mode you could see the factory reset option press the power button to choose it this is works with most phones but some phones have a different way of getting into recovery mode you could Google it for your specific phone if you have a different device to search it up on

Hope this helps
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Please refrain from sharing info from this website. It's just lazy generic clickbait tips with a page for each device to boost SEO and get ad revenue. The less these cancer websites get attention, the better, as they undermine actually useful information and ultimately hurt legitimate websites and legitimate work.
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @roydenc,

Glad to know that the issue is resolved and as you have updated your device please try to wipe the cache partition of your device to fix some minor issues as mentioned by @CHMultimedia.

0 Likes