Original topic:

Notification

(Topic created on: 03-03-2021 08:50 PM)
Albatal
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Why doesn't Samsung have a app/feature such as this?

16 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

What's the difference between your application and Samsung edge lighting ?

Go into your settings
Look for notifications
Select Brief
Click on brief pop-up settings
Click on edge lighting style
Choose none or the style you want.

they add this advertising :
NOTES
• Samsung may block this app with future updates!
• Please check if the app is compatible before updating phone software or always on display!
Altough we never experienced any screen burn in issues on our test devices, we recommend to not keep the notification light / LED active for a long time! Use at you own responsibility!

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

The problem with Edge Lighting is that it disappears after a few seconds. 

The only issue I have with aodNOTIFY, is that the notifications don't stay until dismissed by the user. 

Holey Light is, in my opinion a better option for Notifications. It's been updated for One UI V3.0 & is currently in testing, but is expected to be available on the Play Store shortly.

If anyone wants the link to the Telegram Group for it, just post your reply here.

Oh & by the way, Samsung DID say they were going to do something about the missing LED, but they never did!

EDIT: Holey Light v1.0 is live on the Play Store & as mentioned previously, it's FREE & Ad free!

There is a "donate" button if you're so inclined, but in no way is it a requirement! 

Screenshot_20210301_154427.jpg

mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note

I want the link 🤷
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Check your DM 

Link sent 🤙

0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note

Thank you 😁
Much appreciated 👍✌️
Albatal
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I would like the link. Thank you
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Check your DM. Link sent 

Albatal
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I have a question, where do I find/access my DM? Can't find it anywhere in this app.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

DMs can't be seen using Samsung Members app. You have to access Samsung Members via a Web Browser. 

If you're looking for Holey Light, it's now available on the Play Store with the latest version.