Original topic:

Notre 20 Ultra lock screen issue

(Topic created on: 03-26-2023 05:24 AM)
Cprice
Options
Galaxy Note
I've noticed an intermittent lock screen issue since updating my Notre 20 Ultra to One UI 5.1, sometimes when I unlock my phone using my fingerprint, my phone unlocks but then 2 seconds later it goes back to the lock screen. It's only happened about 3-4 times so far, so not enough time to annoy me yet given the amount of time I unlock my phone in a day. I did clear the cache as I always do after installing an OS update. 

Anybody else seen this happen? 
27 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Not on my S20 Ultra One UI V5.1. 

I know that it's a different device, but if it persists you could always Factory Reset. 

There's a script in every OTA, regardless if it's a Security Patch OTA or an Android version update that Wipes Cache anyway. 

The script isn't perfect, so I guess wait and see, before you decide on any next steps. 

Galaxy Note
I ain't doing a factory reset, to much of a hassle lol
Galaxy Note
Hmmm is this the one that says accidental screen lock then an arrow going up appears? Coz that ihappens to me too couple of times.. i just thought i accidentally touch the screen.. and it annoys me when that happens in the middle of paying a store with your phone..
Galaxy Note
No that happens to me as well.
It's when I grab my phone and unlock it with my fingerprint, it goes to the home screen for a1-2 seconds then goes back to the lock screen, I unlock again and then it's fine.
Galaxy Note
Ah i see...
MK1982
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note

I am having the same issue after the last update.  

0 Likes
Richerd
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Same here, doesn't happen all the time. On occasion when attempting to fingerprint unlock it immediately relocks and returns me to the home screen.
0 Likes
rootcause
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Mine has done this since two updates back. I don't use finger print, instead I use a pin. Its super annoying and happens 4 or 5 times a day to me. 

0 Likes
josh8
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
Same issue no fix ?
0 Likes