Original topic:

one UI 2.5 VPN changed?

(Topic created on: 10-04-2020 09:08 PM)
zicdeh
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Since I updated the VPN I'm on doesn't show up in the notification drawer. Is there an option to be able to put it back in there? It makes it a lot easier to disable it on the fly without having to flip through the settings. 

It's really cumbersome having to go to settings and delete the VPN profile everytime I want to disable it. Instead of just opening the notification drawer. Click the VPN in on and clicking disconnect. 
0 Likes
11 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi zicdeh, Could you please let us know the model number of your device. Please try to uninstall and reinstall the VPN application and check if the issue is resolved.

0 Likes
zicdeh
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
SM-N975W

I have uninstalled and reinstalled as well as wiped cache parition. I see it appear on my status bar but not in the notification tray
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
"Since I updated"

I'm gonna give a kind of cloud answer bc I've seen this Q a few times today...

Try the wipe cache 1st
@Cassidy

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices-EN-FR/td-p/3156063

If that doesn't help, if it's an app, uninstall it and reinstall it.

After a restart if it still is not working...
Go under settings /accounts and go under the email you use then make sure everything is synced.
After that...
Grab a computer, install smartswitch, backup your device then do a factory reset 🤙
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi zicdeh, Please check if notifications are enabled for the application. Go to Settings >> Notifications >> tap See all and then tap the dropdown menu at the top of the page >> Select All >> select your desired app. Next, turn on its notification settings by tapping the switch next to it. You can also adjust other notification settings by tapping on the application name.

0 Likes
zicdeh
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
it's not the app specifically it's the system app where it shows which VPN you're connected to. none of my VPNs show in the notification tray when I connect to one.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi zicdeh, this might be part of the new update.

0 Likes
DweN
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I have the same behavior and couldn't find the solution yet. It's part of the one ui 2.5 update seems like and I didn't like it. 

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi DweN, We take it as feedback. Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion with us.

0 Likes
zicdeh
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
yeah very frustrating and unnecessary Change
0 Likes