Original topic:

One UI 3.0 updated

(Topic created on: 12-28-2020 10:31 PM)
Interhero
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Seriesly, does anyone that udated to android 11 relises that it uses an extra 1GB of RAM or it's only me?
By the way the update is amazing and literally it's not a single waste. Still hope that the call layout could literally be affective because when I change the layout from the default, there's no different. Don't tell me I'm the only one who is facing this???
8 Comments
Galaxy Note
Do you feel the UI is smoother than before? I guess Samsung throw in a lot of animations to make it smoother and let apps run background so that it won't lag when you open apps.
0 Likes
Interhero
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hmm hard to say... but it is smother but the extra unnecessary ram happens even when i'm not using the phone
0 Likes
Minaamina
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
i dont understand what u mean with used extra 1GB of RAM🤔
0 Likes
Interhero
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
You'll see it if you have the device care widget before the update and after the update, on the one ui 2.5 my phone is going to be not over 4.5 GB of RAM. After the one UI 3.0, it would be 4.5 to 5 GB of RAM even it's idle and that is after many of my apps are put to sleep
0 Likes
Minaamina
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
nope.. maybe for note series only, my S20+ doesn't uses or increase the RAM at all, still the same 3.2 or 3.3 when idle, only when use it will increase to 3.9 or 4.0.. probably bcs u note users have 12GB of RAM🤭
0 Likes
Interhero
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
nope mine is just same as yours at 8GB Ram in total
0 Likes
Minaamina
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
and yes, i have the device care widget on my home screen before and after updated

Screenshot_20201228-222551_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
KCYL
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
maybe some apps are still not fully optimised, try manually optimisation in the boot up screen
0 Likes