Original topic:

PenUp won't save my drawing!!

(Topic created on: 09-09-2022 11:56 AM)
IfNotMe
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I worked for hours on my drawing tonight. Earlier the same thing happened. After working on my drawing for a very long time, I wanted to save it but when I clicked on "save" I received a message that stated "try again. Unable to save changes". No matter how long I waited before trying again, I received the same message. I finally just discarded all of my hard work. I had to start all over again. 

I was later, able to save my new work and all seemed fine, but just now, the problem returned. Once again, my hard work can't be saved. I never had this problem before. Please help. Thank you.
8 Comments
Galaxy Note
Hello @IfNotMe I'm so sorry to hear that all your hard work in hour drawings was unable to be saved. I can only imagine how long that must of taken you.

What device are you using and what version of PenUp. Please check if there are any updates available. Also if you have finished your drawing but unable to save, I would take a screenshot so as lease it's saved that way...just won't be able to edit again in Penup but it is a temporary work around to save your work.

You can also try to clear the cache and data for the PenUp app
0 Likes
LiamMayhew
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I was having a similar issue and deleting the data and cache deleted all of my drafts even after I signed back in. Not helpful.

0 Likes
Axton
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, As suggested by Snowcat19, please check if there is any update available for the app and also perform clear cache and data for the app.

0 Likes
Billyebob
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I got the same probleme, the app do not save the work but my drawing is save in my phone but i cant take back the same drawing in the penup app because now the picture is to big to fit
0 Likes
Ural_Jellyfish
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

If anyone in the future will encounter this problem: don't delete the drawings or clear cache!! I just figured out how to solve this problem.

Just save as PNGs all the lawyers of your drawing which you can't save and then just make the new canvas and add all the layers back.

Now you can save

0 Likes
xXAletheiaXx
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Do you see the images at the top? Try selecting the 3rd accross and see that helps. 

Screenshot_20230609-140733_PENUP.jpg

0 Likes
Members_E2fM6YJ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

That's the saved pictures. My drafts are getting saved in there also but there is no way I can find to continue drawing on them once that are in there  the drafts folder (where they should be saved to continue later) is empty.

0 Likes
Members_E2fM6YJ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I am having the same problem also. App is up to date, interestingly if I save a draft, it ends up in the pictures, but once there i

I can't find a way to continue drawing them, only share them  

0 Likes