Original topic:

Photo location says Kazakhstan...bleep. ?

(Topic created on: 06-24-2020 01:11 PM)
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy Note

Ok Samsung seriously? I was just going through some photos and they're showing taken in khazakstan yet the photos are from my home (or close by) outside Toronto (Ontario, Canada so nowhere remotely even close or even same continent as khazakstan!).

This is using my Note 10+ but seems the photos are videocapture photos yet the videos show correct location so why in the h*ll would videocapture photos show as "Almaty Province" on the bottom corner of the photo and then show under details "Uygur District, Kazakhstan". 

...bleep...?!? 
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Nope, using stock camera and gallery apps. Not using any launchers either. I keep most things like this (camera, phone, text message app) using stock Samsung apps.
0 Likes
-Tony
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Bloodwolfe,

Please use the link to generate the error report from Samsung Members app so that our team can review the Log Files and will get back to you.
In step 5, please select "Application" category.
In step 6, Please check "send the system log data".

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-members-how-to-submit-an-error-report/

0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Gonna send this later today. Got busy and completely forgot but tried it again 5 mins ago with a new video then took a screen capture from that video and still doing it so I'll generate and send the logs this afternoon. I'll reply back once it's sent.
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Just sent it in with the pics showing the locations. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Supports response was to do a soft reset . Did it again since I failed to specify I did a soft reset before I had wiped the cache partition.

Hope Samsung fixes this soon in an update. Absolutely ridiculous bug!
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi BloodWolfe, Thanks for sending the report. This is the quickest way to reach the concerned team. They probably started analyzing the issue and I hope they will come up with the solution very soon. Have a nice day.

0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
So my brand new Note 20 Ultra does the exact same thing. Samsung you guys need to fix your software! Had nothing to do with resetting network settings on my Note 10+ (cuz it didn't work, neither did factory reset) and now my Note 20 Ultra does the same thing. It's in your software Samsung, please fix this.

My wife's S8 doesn't have this issue but both my Note 10+ and now Note 20 Ultra do. So it's in the software and I don't know if it's the OS but my guess it's either something in the OneUI 2.0 or newer (never happened on my Note 10+ before Android 10 release or its the video/gallery software issue? Either way it's a Samsung issue that really needs to be fixed!
0 Likes
Nevdaw
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I am having this exact issue as well, except that my locations for video frame extraction are in China. Any updates on a fix for this problem?

0 Likes
icemarine
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I have been experiencing this for a year plus, but had been dealing with it since using Google Photos to organize my photos I could change the location tags.  Now Google doesn't allow location changing for tags assigned by the phone.  So now this is really annoying.  Any fix Samsung?  

This is happening on my S10+.

0 Likes
BloodWolfe
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
Samsung doesn't care,they're incompetent and lazy! Been a problem as mentioned above in my Note 10+ and still an issue on my Note 20 Ultra so clearly they don't give a rats a**.

After this phone I'm done with Samsung. Next phone and next watch (for this and several other long standing unresolved issues) will NOT be Samsung. Even home electronics like monitor, TV, etc. will never be Samsung again and I own a lot of Samsung devices but I'm just sick of them now I'm finally done.
0 Likes