Please Help

(Topic created on: 04-22-2021 12:27 PM)
NasJiJi
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Samsung Note 8

"Fingerprint sensor is not responding" 

I'm not sure if I need to completely replace it or if there is another fix. 

But most importantly, I have a lot of info/data saved to my fingerprint. 

How can I access them now?... 

also need to add that I dont see "fingerprint" in the system apps. 

I dont know how to reinstall/recover it 

thank you. 
0 Likes
12 Comments
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Only Nivea cream would work, no other cheap cream. ☻
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, If you are having trouble using your fingerprint sensor there are a few things to consider. Make sure you are using a Samsung screen protector. Some Galaxy phones come with a pre-installed screen protector that will work with the in-screen fingerprint sensor. If the in-screen fingerprint sensor isn't working, it's possible that another screen protector has been installed on top. An uncertified screen protector may interfere if it covers or touches the fingerprint sensor. If the screen protector was replaced with a Samsung-certified screen protector, you may need to register your fingerprints again. Remove protective cases. If a phone case covers or touches the fingerprint sensor, or prevents your finger from touching it, it can interfere with the sensor's operation. Moisturize your hands. No matter where the fingerprint sensor is located, the sensor may not work if your fingers are too dry or chapped. It may be helpful to moisturize your hands with hand lotion. However, the touch screen and fingerprint sensor may not recognize overly wet fingers. Inspect the screen for scratches or dirt. Scratches or dirt may cause recognition issues with the fingerprint scanner. The phone may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars. Fingers that are particularly small or slim may also not be recognized. Move to a cooler or warmed environment. The sensor may not work well if the phone is in an extremely hot or cold environment. Check for a software update. Navigate to Settings, and then tap Software update. Tap Check for system updates. The device will check for a software update. If an update is available, read the on-screen prompts to install and complete the software update. Keep in mind that updating the software can take up to 20 minutes to complete and some carriers may require a Wi-Fi connection for updates. If an update is expected, but not available, try performing an update with Smart Switch. Remove your stored fingerprints. Navigate to Settings, tap Biometrics and security, and then tap Fingerprints. Select one of the stored fingerprints you would like to delete. Tap Remove, and then tap Remove again to confirm. Repeat these steps to delete any other saved fingerprints. Reregister your fingerprints. While you are still in the Fingerprints settings, tap Add fingerprint. Register a new fingerprint using the on-screen instructions. Use these tips for registering fingerprints. Hold the phone naturally, the same way you normally hold it. If your phone asks you to touch the sensor multiple times, move your finger slightly each time. Cover the entire sensor when touching it. Register more than one finger.

0 Likes
NasJiJi
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
thank you.
I've tried without any covers, still no luck.
It was working fine up until few hours ago, so I dont think it's damaged. But who knows, I tried running a sensor check by dialing *#0*
but I just get "call failed" message :(
0 Likes