Original topic:

Possible Malware

(Topic created on: 06-30-2020 09:45 AM)
Ladyquinn10
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note

I've had some serious issues with my phone. My calls are being listened to, texts and files being removed, calls being redirected. I was having the same issue with my router I'm dealing with that as. As for the phone, under developer options I checked whats running in the background and its a bunch of things I've never noticed before. I have reset my phone but am still having the issue and also noticed that all of a sudden there is work profile I never created. A lot of them say "remote" on them. Google Play Services has 17 services running which are all weird. Anyone else have this issue?  Below are some of the things Im seeing. I know some are legit. 

Google Play has these running: 

-CollectionService

-DispatchingService

- ExposureMatchingService

-DeviceConnectionWatcherSevice

- GcmService

- PendingIntenCallbackService

- FitRecordingBroker

- ContextManagerService

- NearbyDirectService

- CableAuthenticatorService

- EmergencyPersistentService

- ClearcutDebugDumpService

- EastworldService

MobileWips

-MobileWipsService

Bluetooth

- BluetoothAudioCastService

- A2dpService

- GattService

- BluetoothPbapService

- HearingAidService

- SapService

- HidDeviceService

Processes=

Main Process- com.android.blutooth

Service McfService in use - samsung Muliconnectivity (com.samsung.android.mcfserver)

Those are just some...It gets worse when WIFI is connected. I just did the update and nothing changed. 

Should I be concerned?

Colew1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I've had the same exact problem for almost 2 years now and have literally done everything and went through 5 phones and I still can't get rid of it

maidupbymichelle
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Myself as well. I've been trying to figure this nonsense out for Almost 3 years and 4 phones later. Having done everything humanly possible. What's explained in the above post makes so much of this make sense to me.

Been so frustrating

0 Likes
maidupbymichelle
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Omg, thank you for sharing this

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note

Hi. I found information on my phone to indicate piggybacking on my device as well. Can you tell me if you got this resolved and how so. I'm going through this right now, if I talk about it to "non-techies", they think I'm nuts. This is so frustrating. What would I look for on open source licenses as most apps running have now been locked to new to name changes or even disable them. I see work app running services that I can neither look at or even locate.

Thank you

0 Likes
Nick1982
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Try installing Graphine OS. It is a new operating system based off of the same ASOP tree as android. Much MUCH more secure & private!

0 Likes
Ladyquinn10
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I have two devices under my account ...One shows as in my hand and I can erase it...the other shows across the street and Im unable to delete the profile. Im not able to use Samsungs Find My Mobile. I keep getting errors every time I try registering my device. Through my router my device has a dash (-) followed by a number (I was up to 13). My IP address for my phone was also not what it originally was. I had to set my device as a static IP in order for me to connect properly.

On the 16th I did get multiple security notifications from Google and Facebook to all my recovery emails and when I checked my location in Facebook it showed that I was elsewhere when I never even left my house. I set up 2-step verification on all my accounts so im just trying to make sure everything is good.

I'll try Safe Mode when I finish working and I'll update you.
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note

@Ladyquinn10, Also, Try to change your password.

Galaxy Note
Any chance you are using Samsung's Smartthings Tracker?
0 Likes
Ladyquinn10
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

LOL...Of Course I did that. 

This may all be related to my wifi because I all of a sudden had 9000 threats incoming. The ones with the highest were called "WANATTACKS". When I called my ISP they told me nothing malicious on their end; that its coming from my DNS server from one of my devices. I got rid of all my smart plugs, changed my Philips hue account info, got a new router, and just got my laptop replaced. 

I recently had someone break into my apartment. My deadbolt, window, and my smoke alarm were tampered with. But nothing was taken. Only sounds of speakers can be heard in each room (even when the power is off). I found two partially melted candles in the bottom of my vase and two burnt cigarettes and paper with them), and also found my butane poured  inside my electric fireplace. I had a really strong electromagnetic field in my apartment and called my hydro company. They were supposed to call me to book an appointment. 20 mins later two guys showed up from my hydro company wanting access to my meter. They weren't able to  because my landlord wasn't available. So i called the hydro company 3 days later and they told me I never placed a call and they never sent any technicians. 

I've called the police but because nothing was physically taken, they didn't do anything. They have been called 3x and they haven't been taking me seriously, even when I got sent to the hospital. I contacted the RCMP for cyber crimes and was told I have been doing the right thing but they cant do any investigations, only my local police can; which they haven't been. 

I'm at a loss as to what I can do because I don't feel safe in my home. two of my friends have seen these things in person at my place and believe it, but no help from authorities. So I've been trying to protect myself by eliminating any possible way of being harmed. Both online and in person. Locks replaced, passwords changed, smart-devices unplugged, blutooth disconnected, location off, tv and electronics unplugged. 

cappsandrew51
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

You still have those cigarettes? You want answers? He r@ped you. Whoever was smoking those cigarettes, broke into your apartment, and r@ped you. That's what you tell the cops. They run it for DNA, there ya go. I know it's **bleep** up, I know it's wrong, I know I'll probably go to hell for even suggesting this, but I don't care. He can explain what he was REALLY doing in your apartment to a jury of his peers.