Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

"No supported app for this NFC tag" Error Message

(Topic created on: 06-25-2022 05:06 PM)
Suiho7
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
I would like to know how to get rid of the repeated error message that keeps popping up on my homescreen after unlocking! What is an "NFC tag"? This isa system dialogue that just started appearing out of the blue about a week ago.
8 Comments
Galaxy Note
@Suiho7 are you using a wallet style case, or a case with a card slot in the back?

Sounds like it's constantly trying to read a travel or bank card.
Suiho7
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Hi @Dolgogi,

Thanks for the tip but no, I never if ever keep bank cards in my phone case. I usually have my phone in a folder style wallet but only my phone, nothing else. It's a system dialogue. Technically yr phone screen won't "read" anything placed in front of it unless u have front camera scanner. My phone scans stuff from rear camera. As for the screen lock buttons, it's wierd with the dialogue coz these error message dialogues only started appearing after I had switched on the screen protection feature which stops yr phone's screen from being accidentally activated when in a bag or pocket. So I now switched that feature off to see if the error messages go away but no, they are still persisting....I did a factory reset recently too, and this may have set it off as I did not receive these system dialogues prior to that either.
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @Suiho7, that's odd. I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

Could you also attach a screenshot of the message you are receiving in order for us to better understand. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members app > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

0 Likes
Suiho7
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Hi,

I got it sorted....I forgot to switch off in connections settings the NFC and payment toggle. I made an emergency contactless payment using my phone a few weeks back coz my bank card had expired & forgot to switch the active button for this feature off. Now I understand the pop-up was looking for a live bank app for contactless payment hehehe.....but since app not in use, the error dialogue pops up as I hadn't switched the mobile payments toggle off in connection settings. So I hope this explanation helps others too who have this issue and don't recognize it. I pay with my phone rarely in a physical store, so that's why I knew nothing until I did some research 😄 👍
Solution
Suiho7
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Yay! I worked out the issue.....I forgot to switch off in connections settings the NFC and payment toggle. I made an emergency contactless payment using my phone a few weeks back coz my bank card had expired & forgot to switch the active button for this feature off. Now I understand the pop-up was looking for a live bank app for contactless payment hehehe.....but since app not in use, the error dialogue pops up as I hadn't switched the mobile payments toggle off in connection settings. So I hope this explanation helps others too who have this issue and don't recognize it. I pay with my phone rarely in a physical store, so that's why I knew nothing until I did some research 😄👍
Galaxy Note
@Suiho7 glad to hear you got it sorted.
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Note

Thanks for letting us know the solution @Suiho7! 

sue1966
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
So to clarify, I can set up contact less payment on this Samsung A23
0 Likes