Original topic:

Reboot issue

(Topic created on: 07-31-2022 03:01 PM)
dhiman777
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
I have samsung note 20 ultr and tab s7+. In both the devices,  i am facing an issue that my devices het restarts when idle for a long time. If anybody is facing the same issue please comment and also send the report to samsung. All this is happening after an update. #samsungservice #samsungreport #samsungcustomercare

0 Likes
22 Comments
Galaxy Note
Try do a wipe cache partition

- Power off your phone
- Press and hold vol up and power key until you are in recovery mode
- use vol up and down to navigate
- select Wipe Cache Partition
- press power key to confirm
- click yes
- click reboot system
dhiman777
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Did you face same issue?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Nope.
0 Likes
dhiman777
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I have wipe cache for my tab. Let see if it works. Thanks for help
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

It seems unlikely, especially on both devices, but did you enable Auto Restart by any chance?

In reality, almost none of issues reported by people, have anything to do with any updates.

As @Tallman suggested, wiping Cache after any Security Patch Update is a good idea, I always do, and I've never had any issues with any of my Samsung devices.

If you have identical apps on both, it's possible that there's an incompatible app causing the Reboot as well.

You could try Booting into Safe Mode & see if the behaviour continues? 

dhiman777
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Auto restart is off already and i already downgrade my software version on note 20 ultra. I think i am facing this issue after syatem update on both device, but i am not sure
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

You mean that you used Odin to Flash the previous version of the Firmware?

Since you already Wiped Cache, I'd probably try Booting into Safe Mode as I suggested previously.

The ONLY time that I've ever had random Reboots was while testing Custom Roms (part of the territory) and that's usually caused by a wonky Kernel, but I've never had it happen with Samsung's stock Firmware.

I would suspect that it's a 3rd party app causing the issue, why is why I was asking if you had the same apps installed on both devices.

Anyway, try Safe Mode for the amount of time that your devices would have normally Rebooted on their own.

Are they plugged into a charger at the time by any chance? 

dhiman777
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Ok i will put both of my device in safe mode and let them idle for 4 hours and let's see what happens. No its not plugged in.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Normally one or both of them would Reboot within about 4 hours? 

If yes, then that's a good plan! 👍

0 Likes