Original topic:

Rich Communication Services

(Topic created on: 04-25-2021 03:37 PM)
PMM
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi, why doesn't my S20 Note Ultra allow me to turn on RCS in messages? My daughter has the same phone and she can activate hers, and my husband has the S20, and he can go into settings on messages and turn it on. They are both wuth Optus and I'm with Telstra. The only way I can access it is if I download Google Messages, and allow that as my default messages.
7 Comments
Jojejito
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note

Have you dont the latest SW update?

0 Likes
PMM
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Yes, have the same update as my daughter and husband.
0 Likes
Jez70
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I'm with Telstra as well. If you are using Samsung's messaging app, RCS only currently works on their server and doesn't connect with someone using RCS on Google Messages. I also had an issue where I couldn't activate RCS in Samsung messaging until I installed the April update for my S10+. Looks like Telstra at the moment isn't allowing Google RCS Jibe server to be activated within Samsung Messages when using their sim which I'm waiting for. Another person in the community who are with Optus have been able to activate this feature
SamsungJon
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @ PMM, 

This issue is specific to Telstra SIMs, and has been reported to Google. It is difficult to fix or change on Samsung's side, but we will update devices immediately when Google resolves the issue.

In the meantime, you can try to see if these steps help as a temporary solution: 

1. Settings > Biometrics and security > Other security settings > Device admin apps > Find My Device > disable

2. Settings > Apps > Google play services > More option > Uninstall updates

3. Settings > Google > Select question mark in upper right corner (or more > Help & feedback) > more > View in Google Play Store > Update
(or Chrome > open google.com > Search 'Play Services' > Select 'Play Services' update page > Install

4. Settings> Application > Google Play Services > Storage > Manage Storage > Clear cache, clear all data

5. Settings > Biometrics and security > Other security settings > Device admin apps > Find My Device > enable

6. Reboot

Let me know if you have any problems with this or if you have any other questions.

0 Likes
Whitzzz
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Would this be the same with a Vodafone sim card because mine isn't working either
0 Likes
PMM
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I haven't tried this yet....are you saying if I do this, then Samsung messages will have RCS instead of using Google messaging app?
0 Likes
PMM
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Thanks, will try this when I get home
0 Likes