Original topic:

S pen not connecting

(Topic created on: 06-05-2022 04:07 PM)
hectormj
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi all,
Recently I've been struggling with my S pen. I've a Note 10 plus. I always get notifications that my S pen is disconnected. I can use my S pen for anything else but not Air Actions. On the Air actions section, it always shows disconnected. When I try connecting, it stays connected for a few minutes. During that time, the battery percentage of S pen keeps varying like a speedometer from 60-100. When I try to reset the S pen, it says trying to connect to the S pen and never resets. I've restarted the device, latest updates installed. If I turn Air actions off, it doesn't bother but I'd like to fix this issue. 
9 Comments
Axton
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, If you receive an error that says you need to connect your S Pen to your phone, it could be because the pen needs to charge or because it's too far away from your device.

Another possibility is that there is magnetic interference with the S Pen.
In order for Air actions or Remote features to work, the S Pen needs to be within 30 feet of your phone with nothing in between.
If you are far from the phone and you try to use Air actions (such as opening the Camera with the S Pen), there will be a lag between the button click and the command.
If the S Pen is farther than 30 feet away, the connection will be lost.
You will need to reconnect the S Pen by inserting it back into the phone or attaching it to the tablet.
If the S Pen and device are too far away from each other and disconnect, they will automatically reconnect if they become close again within five minutes.

0 Likes
hectormj
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
My S pen has been inside the phone all its life. I don't use my S pen 30ft away from my phone.
The S pen is inside but still can not connect.
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Possible Spen is dead. I have seen post about firmware kills it. Have you try slot Spen another Note 10, 20 or S22 ultra device? Might as well bring to experience store try slot demo unit and check for status. S22 ultra fit perfectly with Note 10 Spen. Just reminder a Note 10 uses lithium and Note 9 use supercapacitor battery. differences in their lifespans.
0 Likes
hectormj
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Could be. Is this usual? I tried my S pen on a different Note 10 plus and same situation. Is there a fix other than getting a new S pen? Does Samsung replace this?
0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Official dead. You will only need to replace it if you use Spen Air actions regularly. The Spen still works even internal is dead. Samsung uses Wacom Electro-Magnetic Resonance. The phone will recognize your dead Spen.
I still have working Spen, but leave off Air actions since I rarely use it. Possible tick charges and eventually the battery dies. If you still have warranty then give it a shot or purchase a new S22 ultra Spen same size. Only issue colours taste and matte style.
Look around local or online if you really want to buy exactly for your phone.
0 Likes
hectormj
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
That's sad. I rarely used my S pen. The air actions were really helpful when taking photos.
0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Firmware kill Spen actually rare cases. Definitely the tick charge. Pen constantly 100 percent and you can't pause it. I forgot to answer one of questions. Just buy a new spen during promotion sale (%50 off) Samsung online store or in store.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, please check the permissions of Air Command app regarding 'Nearby devices' and 'Physical activity' are initialized in Android S OS.
•When you see disconnection notification after plug in S pen, tap the notification then allow permission of 'nearbydevices' and connect your S Pen again.

0 Likes
hectormj
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Those two were already allowed.
0 Likes