Original topic:

S-pen unable to connect for air actions

(Topic created on: 08-17-2022 12:43 AM)
Punzilla
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi there.
I have a Samsung note 10 plus and have been unable to connect my s-pen with air actions.
The s-pen actually works. 

I've attempted to reset s-pen and insert a different s-pen with the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
20 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Punzilla, thanks for reaching out. Are you able to try the following steps and let us know how you go?

1. Navigate to and open Settings, and then tap Advanced features.
  2. Next, tap S Pen, and then tap Air actions > Toggle on

Punzilla
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hi there the s-pen option is on, and it is plugged in though it says it's disconnected.Screenshot_20220817-215221_Air command.jpg
0 Likes
Punzilla
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Is this a known hardware/software bug? It appears as though there's a lot of people affected by this bug.
0 Likes
skib
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I have the same problem with my galaxy s10 note 4g and my wife's s10 note 5g the s pen will not connect?
Punzilla
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hi skib I have yet to see a fix for this issue anywhere. It does seem like a common issue. Did you end up finding a solution? I went to the Samsung store recently and I was given an s-pen for the s22 though I'm not sure that it's compatible for air actions. But it didn't work. Did you ever try factory resetting your phones?
0 Likes
Kimmy76
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I have S10 note + and have exactly same problem now, since last update.
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @Kimmy76, that's odd.

I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

0 Likes
Punzilla
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Very interesting I really hope it's a software fix
0 Likes
Punzilla
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hi @SamsungLaura I've attempted to reset the s-pen which failed and have submitted an error report. I hope this is sufficient.
0 Likes