Original topic:

S23U 2x vs 3x + zoom foggy

(Topic created on: 02-19-2024 05:13 PM)
SgtStubby
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy Note

For some reason now when I zoom to 3x it's like the lens is smeared with Vaseline. I even took a screenshot of the image on my screen. Not sure when this started maybe the last update.
10 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Try opening the Camera & Go to IT'S Settings & Reset the Camera's settings & Reboot. 

See if that works for you? 

If not, open the Samsung Members app & Click on Support & Phone Diagnostics > Run the Diagnostics for the Camera & see if you get any error messages?

Sorry, I didn't include any links 😉

0 Likes
SgtStubby
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
No change. Says camera is working fine. But it still turns foggy as soon as it gets to 3x but clears up at 10x again
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

What device do you have? 

Edit: sorry it was in the Subject. S23 Ultra. 

Have you visually inspected the lens(s) for any sign of dirt, film etc? 

0 Likes
SgtStubby
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Ya it looks fine
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Since you don't get any error messages from Diagnostics, and you tried resetting the Camera's settings.. You could Boot into Recovery & Wipe Cache, but I think that it's likely to be a waste of time. 

You could wait for an update, or visit a Samsung Service Centre to get it checked out by a tech? 

I don't notice anything on my S23 Ultra, but then I don't take that many photos. 

Link to locate a Samsung Service Centre:

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

0 Likes
SgtStubby
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Took the same picture side by side my wife's S23 @3x and my S23U @3x so it seems something is broken in my camera20240219_182214_1000046209_1708395736.jpg20240219_181738_1000046208_1708395460.jpg
0 Likes
SgtStubby
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
My wife's S23 did not have the latest update so I am updating now
0 Likes
SgtStubby
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
After the update everything was still the same.
I put all my cameras settings the same as the S23 and now the blurry seems to have stopped. Not sure which setting it was.
SgtStubby
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
It might have been the distortion correction or the speed vs quality setting
0 Likes