Original topic:

S7 Plus Tablet getting Android 12 - Note 20 Ultra still Waiting

(Topic created on: 01-11-2022 10:25 AM)
Yielar
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
Just received Android 12 and 4 One UI and I'm still waiting for the upgrade on my Note 20 Ultra?? Wondering what's up? Mid range phone line and tablets getting upgrade before Note line. Strange 
0 Likes
9 Comments
SomnathK
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Agree. Updates for my Note 20 Ultra ok n Canada also very slow. Other lower range phones are getting updates earlier and timely. In mid Jan 2022 my phone is still with Nov 2021 security updates. Any idea when we will receive the required updates ?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
There are lots of posts talking about when is Note20 Android 12 update. Rogers and Telus are set on Jan 18.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/i-guess-for-people-who-are-too-lazy-to-look-at-old-post...
Yielar
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Thanks, I hadn't seen any. Just wondering why the S10 line is getting the updates faster than the Note 20 line. Oh yeah, Note 20 is still on November Security Update when others are getting the January Security Update. It's like someone has fallen asleep at the wheel in charge of the Note 20 updates
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Where do you see the s10 getting the update before the note 20?
Yielar
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Germany, Spain and a bunch of other countries. Usually Samsung Canada is much quicker to upgrade their flagship smartphones. Like I mentioned I'm still on the November Security Update and phones are getting the January Security Update. What gives? I was surprised my S7 Plus just received Android 12 even before my Note 20 Ultra.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Not really. Suppose the Android12 for Note20 was released on Dec 2021. But since Android12 causing problem between S21/Flip3/Fold3, Samsung halted the upgrade so that they can resolve the problem between Android12, Google Playstore and other apps crashed issue.

Now seems like problem fixed and upgrade resume. That's why all lines are 1 month postpone.
Yielar
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Ok, thanks for the explanation
SomnathK
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Thanks for the update.
kittu9650
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Just got one ui 4 for note 20 ultra