Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

samasung portable SSD T5

(Topic created on: 07-08-2022 10:09 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
i have a samasung portable SSD T5 and a N20U and a Tab S7+. the issue i'm having is when i plug the SSD in to either my N20U or Tab S7+ i can get the data to read just fine. but i can't get any data to write to the SSD I.E text files or pictures. i tried installing the samsung SSD app for android but it only seems to enable password protection for it. the samsung my files allows me to browse the SSD but not write to it. currently i don't have any password protection on the SSD. has anyone had this issue and fixed it or knows another way to fix it?. i don't have a windows computer or a mac book. so i would think that samsung would have some way to make all their products work together. 
0 Likes
11 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

I don't know if this will do exactly what you want? 

But try this?

Go to Settings & select Cloud and accounts in Settings screen.

Select Smart Switch in Cloud and accounts screen.

Select External Storage.

Select content to backup and click BACK UP.

While this supposed to work for backups to an external ssd, you might be able to do what you want, but I'm not sure, and right now I'm out in the woods lol 😂 

0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy Note

Hi TBone, try the following:

On your phone, open My Files app. Then select the files or photos that you want to copy. If your T5 has connected to your phone, you should see your T5 storage list under My Files and you should able to transfer the files to your T5 SSD.

TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Ya I may try doing it that way. Before I was just trying to doing the copy in the gallery app. Then pasting in the my files folder on the SSD. but I will give this method a try.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
i just tried this solution today and it is working thanks.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
actually since it is using usb c to usb c cable it just transfered 3600+ files in about 3mins. which to me is fairly quickly.
Galaxy Note
Wow, impressive speed.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Ya, I was pleasantly surprised 🙂
0 Likes
Axton
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi TBone, please try the steps provided by Tallman and please keep us posted.
Thank you Tallman and RedDogRabbit for your steps. 

Axton
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, just to confirm, do you have write access when you connect an SSD to a laptop/PC?

0 Likes