Original topic:

Samsung Canada Refund Exchange Info

(Topic created on: 10-13-2016 02:27 PM)
John204
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
http://www.samsung.com/ca/news/local/samsung-canada-announces-refund-and-exchange-details-for-note7-devices

• A $100 credit* for customers who exchange their Note7s for a Galaxy S7 and S7 edge.
• A $25 credit* for customers who exchange their Note7s for a refund or other smartphone.
12 Comments
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
A start at least... im a still unclear if this $100 represents the cost difference or the two phones? OR if I return my Note 7 and purchase S7 edge, I get 100 for price difference PLUS 100 for cust service.
0 Likes
jf
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I'm wondering the same thing and I can't believe nobody else is questioning this. If it's just the cost difference then Samsung isn't doing anything for us because the S7 is indeed cheaper so that's expected.
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Another idiotic communication blunder from Samsung. I really hope they are not playing off the $100 as a sevice gester when they are swapping you into a cheaper phone.. what a swindle this would be...
0 Likes
westoeast
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
guys,first,it's for people who bought it in Samsung.ca, and u need to proof that if u return a note 7 equipment...
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
no it says samsung or auhtorized retailer... so its applicable for most people...
0 Likes
John204
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
my small beef is I jumped from note 4 to the Note 7. Why force me to the galaxy line? I'm on the fence still but an option for the Note 5 would still be relevant to NOTE users.
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
likely because they dont have the inventory or ability to do a production run on a couple million Note5... they are getting old.... easier to push every to S7
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Im confused.... its seems the carrier(Bell) have jacked the purchase price of S7edge to $999.... but the posted 2 year subsidy plan price is $350. I paid $550 for a $1050 Note7 on 2 year. So, when I return the Note7 to Bell... what the hell happens?

(A) I ask Bell for a full refund... gives me my $550 back + $25 Samsung credit.... Next I ask for S7edge for $350, and I still have $275 in my pocket

(B) I ask Bell to exchange my Note7 with an S7edge... Samsung gives me $100 back for the exchange (effectively shorting me of $175)

(C) I ask Bell to full refund the phone ($550 + $25), and request they convert my agreement to non subsidy contract... and use an old device

Does this appear to be correct these options? Im going to Bell tomorrow and im not excited about it.

godsho
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
From my exchange earlier today, option A and C (certain conditions may apply) are both valid. I brought my unit in for return but was told the $200 trade and save will be forfeited if I chose to leave Samsung. I exchanged for an S7 for the retail value, and retained $200 trade and save, along with $100 discount.

With regards to carrier returns, it should work the same, except the standard return policy would fall under buyer's remorse. Once you exceed the buyer's remorse period, they will likely require you to exchange the device instead. For the most part, mobile staff are still in the dark as to the proper procedures, and your best chances of getting a refund would be to ask for a manager.
0 Likes