Original topic:

Samsung, could you please add Eng CA?

(Topic created on: 02-01-2021 01:21 PM)
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy Note
I like the Samsung keyboard, but why is there no choice to select English Canada? At least, add it for spell checker. I hate to correct colour, honour, labour--all these words. 
Keyboard is a very crucial aspect of any smart device; especially when there are keystrokes for passwords and sensitive information. Tech-giants should cater all languages; not just US and UK. 

Thanks.

10 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi asifakberali, We are taking this as your suggestion. Thanks for taking the time to give us your valuable suggestion. Your feedback is very important to us.

WitchFaerie
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
Please make this happen. I'm about to switch to Google keyboard.
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Please do. English US keyboard is fine, but there should be a choice for English CA spell/ autocorrect.
Gemini
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
English Canada keyboard is already available

VideoCapture_20210201-163400_962.jpg

keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Thanks Gemini.

Hi asifakberali, Please make sure that the input language packs are updated and check if you can see the English(CA) as shown by Gemini.

0 Likes
Jsyp
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

The language input exists for Canadian English, but not for Auto spell check. The input is greyed out.

Words like colour, honour, etc, are not highlighted if spelled incorrectly. Will there be an update to include Canadian spellcheck? Currently a workaround is to use both CA & US, but that seems to defeat the purpose.

Screenshot_20210414-075447_Samsung Keyboard.jpg

Screenshot_20210414-080031_Samsung Keyboard.jpg

0 Likes
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I don't have it. 😭

Screenshot_20210202-012224.png

Screenshot_20210202-012220.png

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi asifakberali, Thanks for the screenshots.

Samsung is dedicated to ensuring that you have a great experience with your Galaxy device. As a result, we have forwarded your suggestions to the concerned team. Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable suggestions with Samsung. Your feedback is truly appreciated and will help Samsung create a better experience for all Galaxy device users.

WitchFaerie
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
If you have a samsung Canada there is no reason you can't support our language.
0 Likes