Original topic:

samsung dex

(Topic created on: 01-29-2020 01:08 PM)
eytas
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Guysss..pls help. I already dload samsungdex apps at my computer, but its didnt works. Do i need to dload at my phone as well?. Ive done all those (refer photo) step, still nt working.

19 Comments
firaz
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Attach your device to your computer or laptop with your USB-C cable.After attaching for the first time, you’ll have to install the DeX for PC applicationon your Windows or MacOS device.Once the app is installed and your phone is connected, DeX should boot automatically.
0 Likes
eytas
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
ive done all tat u said. but still nt working
0 Likes
Godwin
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
hi
0 Likes
ElvanB
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Hi, Eytas.

What I do is, I run Samsung DeX 1st. The software will tell that no device connected.

Next, I'll just connect my phone through USB.

No connection yet, mind you. BUT! A Samsung DeX notification will come out on my phone and when I clicked that, it will open a page about Samsung DeX. Just wait a few seconds without leaving that page, and next popup will appear to start Samsung DeX. Click start and enjoy.

IF this fails, which it often does, I'll just close Samsung DeX and try again.

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
eytas
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
okies. i try again later.
0 Likes
kevinhelee
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
However, what I noticed is that you are not able to do screen mirror if you are connected via USB A (Standard USB) . If you are connected via USB C to USB C then you can
0 Likes
eytas
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
im using tis ..usb A to usb C
0 Likes
eytas
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
im using tis ..usb A to usb C
0 Likes
kevinhelee
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Yeah this allows for Dex mode, but not screen mirroring. As ElvanB mentioned, once you have your phone plugged in and Dex installed from Samsungdex.com. There will be a prompt in notification tray, hit start now and it should start running
0 Likes
eytas
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
i hit the start but nothing come out
0 Likes